Easy camping run this weekend

RubiconAg

I am new around here but have been cruising the boards the last couple of months. Finally got my jeep and am looking for a good weekend/camping run.

I have a bone stock rubi and am not looking to destroy it just yet. So I have looked at something possibly along the lines of Bear Creek or eagles lakes. If anyone is interested in doing something of the like please let me know, a trail guide is definately welcome.

Rafterman

Is it a new jeep or a new driver as well? I will be your guide for Eagle lakes if you would like. But fair warning it is :yes: going to snow. It could get cold and slippery. Your jeep will do fine:yes: , Better then mine:eek: you have lockers. Clearance won't be an issue if you are familiar driving off road. When do we leave? I will need a phone number 24 hours before we leave. Burned twice left with a magor jones for off road. I will give mine as well.

Rafterman

Sierra? Conn?Kairo? Up for eagle lake leave Friday night come back Saturday morning. Leave late Saturday afternoon back Sunday morning? The times are for you guys to decide. I am cool with either. Hunter lake might not be bad as well.

Last edited:

RubiconAg

I am a very expierenced driver and am actually a sadistical type of person:D (not really) but am looking forward to having fun in the snow. I am up for any trails that will not involve any damage (other than slight under carriage rock rash). Easy fire roads or moderate climbing is cool, you let me know, I new out here. Friday/ Saturday might be cool to allow for sunday to get un-sick:no:

Rafterman

Friday night then we are a go:rock: :rock: . What time do you have in Mind? from Reno to trail head is about 45 min to 60 min. I will meet you @?

kairo

Staff member
saturday I'll be camping in South Lake tahoe, so I'm out. Nex time though:yes:

Edit: Camping near south lake tahoe. Be a bit chilly in the lake I think

Rafterman

We will be meeting at the Chevron on the west exit in truckee at 4:00 Friday night. We will be going up to Eagle lake friday night camping then exploring Saturday morning then out in the early afternoon. All are welcome to join us. If you think you might want to go but need us to wait let me know. Please pry for SNOW:yes: :eek:

johnny

are you all camping at Eagle LAKE. Doesn't matter, I might stop by on the way home. I live about 15 min. from Eagle lake Exit so it there are any problems throughout the night or on the trail I am near by. But I will stop by on Friday night to say waz'up.

kairo

Staff member
had a change of plans--not going to burnside, but still can't make this trip. Next time :yes:

Rafterman

Johnny: would love to have you.

Kairo: not a problem we will see you next time:blahblah: :rofl: .

Only kidding Next time:wave:

Rafterman

JEEP is loaded. one stop to make then I;m on the highway. Every body have a great weekend. keep your kids safe and watch out for trick or treaters.:wave:

johnny

I couldn't find ya's. I got there about 7:30, went to Eagle Lake tried the three camp spots that I know of but coundn't find ya.. But found a couple of new trails.. The bears must have thought I was crazy, I was honking my horn but no answer. Next time I will give you my cell phone number and set up a meet place. Anyways still had a good time, but I had to head home. Hope you had a good one too.

Rafterman

If you went t the "Grouse ridge trail" camp spot we were just to the west of that. Above lake level. found a cool turn around and stayed there. Had a great time. Rained all night, kept the bears in. I thought I heard a horn, I asked Nick and he looked at me like I was loosing it so I stopped commenting. L.O.L. Sorry we missed you. it would have been nice to meet more people from the board.

RubiconAg

Nice, havent been up threw that way yet. If your down I would like to go b4 the deep stuff gets there.

Did someone say this weekend? What? haha

but for real let me know, i am down any

Great pics by the way! Thanks

Rafterman

Sierra Valley said:
Nice, havent been up threw that way yet. If your down I would like to go b4 the deep stuff gets there.
Would love to. We wil have to watch the next couple weeks and see what may happen. Some of those pics are of the Fordyce trail we played on Saturday morning.

johnny

Rafterman said:
Would love to. We wil have to watch the next couple weeks and see what may happen. Some of those pics are of the Fordyce trail we played on Saturday morning.

There is supposed to be some weather this weekend, about 1.5 feet at Norden, but I will check the Eagle Lake trail again on Saturday.. Will let ya know.