Electric Impact wrench

DaGimp

Time to get a impact wrench, my compressor bit the dust and wont be replaced anytime soon.

Suggestions...

Cordless?
Corded?

Strength?

It will be typical not often shade tree mechanic type use

DaGimp

Both Lower A arm bushings and rack and pinion bushing are shot on the 4 runner. 140K miles but also 14 years old. Looks like it will take a few hours but otherwise a simple task with a Impact Wrench

ManNamedJed

I have a cordless Porter Cable. I got it just because I happen to have the Porter Cable drill and other cordless stuff. Its got as much power as my tired air impact gun, probably more. They do vary in their torque ratings, so find one with the oomph you need.

I am sold on the cordless impacts. My air tools get used less and less.

3rd Petal

Do you have any certain brand of cordless power tools now? I’d just get a cordless impact that matches if you already have a drill driver or something.
I run Milwaukee tools, but any of the newer cordless impacts from any brand are pretty good compared to what they were a few years ago

WC43

I assume your looking and 1/2 inch drive? I have all both corded and cordless older Dewalts both work great as much or more power than air driven. The corded one is a workhorse. Cordless is very portable. Problem is they are very large and heavy as compared to air driven. There are times you can't get it where it needs to go.

DaGimp

I have a 15 year old 12v Dewalt, the drill is in good shape but the battery is toast, thats my only cordless tool.

I have several milwaukee home power corded tools, and I've never had a problem with them. I'll get one of theirs.

Speaking of being to big for small spaces can you use a Impact wrench with a wobble head extension?

Thanks

jfrey123

I second 3rd Pedal: grab a 1/2 cordless in whatever brand of tool batteries you’re already rocking.

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
I use a dewalt 20v set daily and they have been great. With that said, if it wasn't for the 60v dewalt grinder I have that's an absolute beast and works in my 20v stuff too, I would have gone with Milwakee. I had such great luck with milwalkee and i've heard the 1/2" impact has slightly better torque than the Dewalt.

DaGimp

I ended up buying the Milwaukee half inch drive. My dumbass ordered the wrench without the charger and battery charger and battery should be here in a few days. Found some pretty interesting deals on people selling just huge kits of of used Milwaukee equipment like 20 pieces for $500

I watched a couple of reviews before picking the Milwaukee seems to be the most bang for your buck

Mr_Scott

Premium Member
I own what seems like 1/2 of the Milwaukee tool line up and have nothing bad to say about the current offerings. The old 28v stuff was garbage. Zero complaints from my M12 & M18 tools.

maxamillion2345

Been using M18 and M12 impacts at work and home for the last 6 years. The new 1/2 guns do shit I’d normally go to my 3/4 pneumatic for.

Excellent choice.