engine problem

86xjfor8

New member
I have a 2.8 liter (yes I know there crap but still) I have changed plugs wires cap rotor and control moduale and it still idals rough anyone got any other suggestions of things to look for
 

86xjfor8

New member
kairo said:
rebuild the carb!
thanks everyone that replied I took the advise and found 2 hoses off of the carb must have been when I changed the cap got some B12 chemtool and cleaned and tuned the carb and retimed it runs great now think I will have to talk the wife into going to dog valley for some wheeling saturday. Thanks again for all the help
 

spoon

New member
86xjfor8 said:
I will have to talk the wife into going to dog valley for some wheeling saturday.
If your planning on wheeling out the Dog Valley direction, you might want to go and check out the Bear Valley OHV trail. Its a bit farther west from DV, starts at the Bear Valley Campground. Fun trail in a stock 4x4. The trail has by-passes around the harder sections. Also the Sardine peak fire lookout is near there. Nice view of the surrounding area from up there. Check 'em out, would be more fun than just headin' out to DV.
 

86xjfor8

New member
spoon said:
If your planning on wheeling out the Dog Valley direction, you might want to go and check out the Bear Valley OHV trail. Its a bit farther west from DV, starts at the Bear Valley Campground. Fun trail in a stock 4x4. The trail has by-passes around the harder sections. Also the Sardine peak fire lookout is near there. Nice view of the surrounding area from up there. Check 'em out, would be more fun than just headin' out to DV.
here is a stupid question where is bear valley campground I dont believe I have heard of it but it does sound like more fun than DV
 

spoon

New member
Its a few miles west of Sardine Valley near Highway 89. If you head towards Stampede from DV you should see signs directing the way to Sardine Valley once you approach the north end of Stampede. Follow the signs to Sardine Valley(big open pasture area, can't miss it) and start looking for a main road to the left, Henness Pass road I think its called. Should be a sign. Turn left and head in approximately 2 miles and look for a main road to the right. Should be a sign pointing out Bear Valley Campground and Sardine Lookout. From this point just follow the signs. Trailhead for the Bear Valley loop is right at the campground, look for the sign you can't miss it.
 

86xjfor8

New member
spoon said:
Its a few miles west of Sardine Valley near Highway 89. If you head towards Stampede from DV you should see signs directing the way to Sardine Valley once you approach the north end of Stampede. Follow the signs to Sardine Valley(big open pasture area, can't miss it) and start looking for a main road to the left, Henness Pass road I think its called. Should be a sign. Turn left and head in approximately 2 miles and look for a main road to the right. Should be a sign pointing out Bear Valley Campground and Sardine Lookout. From this point just follow the signs. Trailhead for the Bear Valley loop is right at the campground, look for the sign you can't miss it.
cool the wife wants to do that instead of DV so thanks for the info
 

Norm the Big

Active member
I'll be at Blue Lakes this weekend. Gonna do the Dear Valley Trail again to Hwy 4. If we go early enough maybe we'll go to Hwy 4 and back. It took us like 4 hours one way last time though. We did make frequent stops.
 

86xjfor8

New member
BigNorm said:
I'll be at Blue Lakes this weekend. Gonna do the Dear Valley Trail again to Hwy 4. If we go early enough maybe we'll go to Hwy 4 and back. It took us like 4 hours one way last time though. We did make frequent stops.
what is the difficulty of that run since my jeep is stock should have a dedicated trail rig by the end of winter I found a 78 ford bronco that runs and is in good shape for 100 bucks I think that would work
 

EricsXJ

Member
A stock XJ will really struggle to get through Deer Valley. I won't say its impossible, but you'll need front / rear tow points because you WILL get hung up in the rocky sections. Check out the thread Labor Day Trail Runs in the Events and Trail Runs section. We just did Deer Valley and there are a couple links at the beginning of that thread to some other trail reports.
 
Top