Events requirements

Styx

[VBTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zTJEeszxLvo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zTJEeszxLvo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/VBTUBE]
:thumbsup:

Styx

A good wool blanket.
Keeps you warm even if it's damp or wet and works well as a ground cloth if you have sleeping bag. I try to always carry one because you never know when you're going to get stranded somewhere.

Some kind of poncho is a good idea also. I keep one of the cheap orange ones under the back seat just in case (it's Nevada, ALL weather is possible at ANY time )

Styx

A wool blanket can also be thrown over a questionable recovery strap/hooks/chain to hamper a possible projectile :nervous:

Jehu

A good wool blanket.
Keeps you warm even if it's damp or wet and works well as a ground cloth if you have sleeping bag. I try to always carry one because you never know when you're going to get stranded somewhere.

You mean like 10 feet off the trail buried to the dif's? :laugh2:

Styx

:squint: over confidence can get you stranded :redface:

Equipment Report: Even though Rubicons are locked front and rear: very soft dirt and a forty degree slope will result in you getting yourself pulled out by passing good samaritans.

RARECJ8

A wool blanket can also be thrown over a questionable recovery strap/hooks/chain to hamper a possible projectile :nervous:

i used to use one until i had to crawl under the heep in a snow storm, laying in cold slush. yuk! so i found an old military waterproof tarp abut 8'x8' and it offers mulit-uses to cover the open cab, ground cloth, emergency wrap/poncho and as a dust cover for gear in the back. twin city has them cheap.

mb

Bitosin

OK...now that you got all this stuff with you, where are you gonna put it??? Wranglers don't have that much storage space.

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
Emergency Contacts (or a card someone will know where in your vehicle)
medical allergies?

Might be a good idea incase someone got hurt

MDEnce

Actually a good thing to have.
First, if you're bringing all this other stuff, you better have some way to tie it to your Jeep.
Also, the 1st time I ran the Rubicon (my Jeep was basically stock then) I used a bunch of rope to hold my rack on when I lost the bolts somewhere around Spider.:rolleyes:

robbyh

Basic first aid kit? Kinda fruity but infections suck, and even the smallest cut or scrape can become infected.

666BRONCOMattC

All I need is a shovel, bailing wire and duct tape.... gun The shovel is to dig a hole and the bailing wire and duct tape is to make a makeshift cross. Gun....... in case I am stuck for more than a month.

Styx

Thought I'd revive this thread for any new ideas and for the new members, also I have a question for the general knowledge/experience base here.
I've seen people with an axe on their roof racks (bumper, inset, whatever), but I can't really see the need for one. Wouldn't it be better to carry a pick-axe, digging bar or something, and leave the cutting to a hatchet or crosscut saw?

Or is the axe just for cutting firewood and not really related to offroading?

I blame all gramatical errors on Apple and the iPhone.

sierrahsky

I have used my axe to cut dead trees out of the road, make firewood, and I have cut dead trees in to sections and then used para cord to create bundles I can stick under tires when I was super stuck in snow. I have also used it as a hammer and to cut away ice when in crazy snow.

Styx

Except for splitting wood though wouldn't a saw be a better use of space/weight for clearing trails and cutting firewood?

Cutting away ice, that's extreme :thumbsup: From what?

I'm just thinking that carrying an axe might not be needed, and I could get by fine with a small hatchet and a cross-cut saw.

I blame all gramatical errors on Apple and the iPhone.

RockRunner02

Except for splitting wood though wouldn't a saw be a better use of space/weight for clearing trails and cutting firewood?

Cutting away ice, that's extreme :thumbsup: From what?

I'm just thinking that carrying an axe might not be needed, and I could get by fine with a small hatchet and a cross-cut saw.

Agreed. BUT axes just look cool!:buttkick: