Finally!!!!!!!!!!

The Boss

I am finally getting my gears put in, seven hundred and forty sumthin bucks and I even pulled the thirds myself. Oh well atleast my 4-banger will actually be able to push my 37"s.

Dirty Harry

Staff member
5.29s (or 5.71s) are the only thing that will come close to turning 37s with a 22RE, I am assuming that is what he got. You've got to buzz the little four cylinders a lot more than those F motors!

rusty_tlc

Dirty Harry said:
5.29s (or 5.71s) are the only thing that will come close to turning 37s with a 22RE, I am assuming that is what he got. You've got to buzz the little four cylinders a lot more than those F motors!
Do you need to modify the housing to fit that big a ring gear in?

MR.ROCKAPE

The Boss said:
I am finally getting my gears put in, seven hundred and forty sumthin bucks and I even pulled the thirds myself. Oh well atleast my 4-banger will actually be able to push my 37"s.
Is that price for the install or with parts??Toyota thirds are easier to set up than the integral type (dana 30,44,60).Just curious :)

Rockfreek

I had to grind about 3/8" on the housing opening to get the 3rd members back in. My 5.71 gears were actually thicker.