Ford Bronco parts in a YJ

rockrawler81

whats up guys, my friend might be selling his 1979 ford bronco. he says he'll sell it to me for like $700. I not concerned with the whole bronco but the thing that it does have is a ford 9 in" rear axle. Should I go ahead and try to buy it? What things do i have to do to the axle to make it fit in my yj? If I do buy it i will definatly be lookin at the currie high pinion. also, what kind of front axle do you think it has? Maybe i can even take that 350(i think) and make it fit in my yj.

Sauce

It will probably have a dana 44 front...that is a desireable year. The fronts usually only bring $300, so it won't be worth it just to buy the axles. Good luck with it.

White7

depending on how much work you wanted to do ,,It prolly has 5.8L 9" rear end, D44 front end, NP 205 transfer case, and a C-6 transmission not a bad little swap

xjmoser

rockrawler81 said:
thats what i think too. but i still want the jeep as a daily driver though

Not with that engine. I believe the engine needs to be same year or newer for smog

Sauce

xjmoser said:
Not with that engine. I believe the engine needs to be same year or newer for smog
isn't that just in CA? Besides, with the price of gas skyrocketing, I say lock it, gear it, and run a 4 banger :p

DBXJ

xjmoser said:
You still need to pass a smog test and im thinkin that 79 is not even close to his yj for smog.

u can have it changed on the title theres a guy in vegas who has a 302 out of a 86 mustang in his 02 Focus and he had to change it on the tittle and hes had no problems

rockrawler81

i never thought about smog but i think im gonna stick with my 4.0L. Maybe when it comes time ill just stick some extra money and stroke it to like a 4.5L. Haven't seen much on the kits but they give you something like +100HP and like +150 ft.lbs torque from the six cylinder. That bronco is my friends and it only gets like 8 miles a gallon. Ill think ill pass on that motor. The Dana 44 and 9in are in good shape. I think im gonna swap them out and put them in my yj, leave the axles full width, and throw in some 4.56s and an ARB. The good thing about the 44 it doesnt require a new transfer case since the pumpkin is on the left. Perfect. 37s- here i come!