Fordyce conditions?

spoon

I know that guys have been running the lower half of the trail; in at Cisco and out at the Commitee crossing, but I haven't heard too much about the upper end of the trail near Meadow Lake. I was wondering if anyone has been up to the Meadow Lake end recently. I was mainly wondering if the road into Meadow was free of snow so I could get in there with a tow rig and trailer. Checked the flow rate on the creek the other day, flowing at 300 and is expected to stay at that rate up to next weekend.

MR.ROCKAPE

I want to go but Im not sure how my buggy would do in a water crossing.I dont want to have to hold the ecu above my head to make it though!!

spoon

Didn't see any video but saw some pics of the crossings. Too much water for my liking. I like that trail but I hate those water crossings. Hydro'd my engine one time in a water crossing and caused all sorts of trouble for myself. Since then I have been scared of driving my junk through any water :nervous: . I usually just run the upper half of Fordyce anymore, thats where most of the good stuff is anyways.

rusty_tlc

I was up there June 17th. We came in from the top side and never made it to meadow lake. There was 2 or 3 feet of snow in the shadows back then. We turned around at 7000' the road hits 7500'. If the Great White Beast didn't have bald tires I'd head up there tommorow. :(

rusty_tlc

I got a ride for this weekend with the Cruiser Club.
I'll post pictures on Monday, if I make it back.

"Whats the worst thing that could happen?"
"The rig flips, gets swept away in the current, and I get raped by a wild ape."

MR.ROCKAPE

rusty_tlc said:
I got a ride for this weekend with the Cruiser Club.
I'll post pictures on Monday, if I make it back.

"Whats the worst thing that could happen?"
"The rig flips, gets swept away in the current, and I get raped by a wild ape."
Or a Rockape!!

rusty_tlc

Well it was great. The water didn't cover 36's. Not to many a$$hats on the trail.

I might get some pics in my photobucket tonight. Fordyce beats the crap out of you, I'm still tired.

rusty_tlc

A few pics, click images to see them full size.

First Crossing, those are 35's

Stoners hanging out by the trail

Winch Hill 1 was blocked by broken rigs so we took the by-pass

The Cisco Grove crossing.

rusty_tlc

For the full size guys, this is the by-pass for the by-pass at Winch Hill 1

It dosen't really show well in the pics but this was some nice driving.

Sauce

sweet, my buddy and I are going up for a day run on sat., any tips or advice? We were thinking about going to the first crossing and turning around.

Norm the Big

That's Andy in the Bronco. He's pretty crazy and known for keeping 3 tires or less on the ground. He's been to Moonrocks too.

rusty_tlc

davidt said:
sweet, my buddy and I are going up for a day run on sat., any tips or advice? We were thinking about going to the first crossing and turning around.
Watch out for transfercase hill (2 mile?) and the off camber section around the four mile marker(?). You'll know where that is, there's like a 700' drop to the left. There's a real nice camping spot just past that to the left.

The grade down into first crossing is pretty tough too. I wouldn't do it w/o lockers, it might be tough to make it back out.

spoon

davidt said:
Are you taking your Truck-o-ree in?

Sauce

rusty_tlc said:
Watch out for transfercase hill (2 mile?) and the off camber section around the four mile marker(?). You'll know where that is, there's like a 700' drop to the left. There's a real nice camping spot just past that to the left.

The grade down into first crossing is pretty tough too. I wouldn't do it w/o lockers, it might be tough to make it back out.
locked f/r and on 35's...sounds like I should be ok