found a stuck bronco today on peavine...

scottb

so on peavine today i found a stuck bronco II. he was bone stock and i guess tried to go down some gnarly trail with lots of rocks (or he rolled down it). anyhow he had a note saying "ill be back to get my truck today 10-22) and since today is 10-25 i am wondering whats up. he's prolly going to need someone to winch him up. i dont think i could have pulled him out of there it was pretty ugly. i got pics....

to get to it you go out Robb Dr, turn right on Avenida De Landa or something and then turn right on silverado creek rd, then right on heatherglen and then right on moose ridge dr. he is basically straight out there you go up the big hill directly in front of you (interestingly enough this way out was way easier than the way i went in...) he is on the little ridge where directly in front of you the trail turns into a quad trail and to the right of you is the little dirtbike quad playground thingy where they all try to run up the hill... he is down on the left hand side facing the water tank they are finishing.

broncord.jpg

the red line shows how to get to the trail im on. the road you see directly is moose ridge dr.
bronco5.jpg

bronco4.jpg

bronco3.jpg

bronco2.jpg

bronco.jpg

broncnote.jpg

Sasquatch

Premium Member
Man, what is that guy doin way down there?:eek: Oh well, maybe someone can run back up there to check on it soon.

scottb

i was hopin so. i figure one vehicle to winch (maybe 2) and another to anchor to... it was pretty wicked.

4X4BABE

scottb said:
so on peavine today i found a stuck bronco II. he was bone stock and i guess tried to go down some gnarly trail with lots of rocks (or he rolled down it). anyhow he had a note saying "ill be back to get my truck today 10-22) and since today is 10-25 i am wondering whats up. he's prolly going to need someone to winch him up. i dont think i could have pulled him out of there it was pretty ugly. i got pics....
Going 4wheelin in Peavine= $0
Losing control and gettin stuck=$0
Letting everyone know what insurance company left u stranded for 4+ days=Priceless

:D :D :D

Connect

I might go up there today to check it out. Out of curiousity, what was further down? Could a push get him enough to turn around and head back up the hill? I can be an anchor if someone wants to go pull it out for the poor bastard.

Any volunteers for help?

I'm gonna head out there right now to check it out. If anyone wants to meet me out there my cell number is 530-305-0771

Last edited:

scottb

i think if he were to have a push and some spade work he could drive straight down the hill, turn around in the little valley and drive right back up... granted he's got stock tires and now has 1 with 2 sidewall punctures but he had a spare in the back seat. you could actually drive it all the way out in that valley- it's pretty mild once you get a bit further down- but it wouldnt be stay on the trails friendly...

Connect

yea I'm leavin right now to check it out, Call me on my cell if you want to join 530-305-0771 or cb channel 16 when I get there, I was just thinkinh about getting him unstuck, he can drive out anyway he pleases.

scottb

i am stuck till 7 or 8. give me a call then if you are still trying 530-220-4033 and i'll try to help. yeah i wanted to drag him to the top of the hill so he could get out, but didnt want to damage it at all..

NevadaXJ

4x4babe said:
Letting everyone know what insurance company left u stranded for 4+ days=Priceless
:D :D :D

What does this have to do with insurance? You think progressive is going to drive up there and get him? More than likely he just can't find anyone to help him pull it out... or he's just abandoned it at this point.

Connect

I went, I tried, and I got conquered. Ok I made it close to all the way there, and then my front end started making BAD noises. No recovery for me until I find it and fix it.

BTW I saw a 95 black grand cherokee coming down with two guys in it, the passenger looked like a hobo and was giving me real wierd hand signals :yes: Only reason I know it was a 95 was because it had the dealer stickers in the corner of the windshield, ya know?

Last edited:

scottb

ouchies... bad noises suck. i found out these baja claws are pretty comparable to the dayton timberline m/t's i went up some pretty damn steep slopes with lots of ruts and stuff (tilt-o-meter at ~30*) and they kept grabbing... not too bad. yeah i was afraid to go down that hill. did u find him at least?

4X4BABE

Connect said:
I went, I tried, and I got conquered. Ok I made it close to all the way there, and then my front end started making BAD noises. No recovery for me until I find it and fix it.

BTW I saw a 95 black grand cherokee coming down with two guys in it, the passenger looked like a hobo and was giving me real wierd hand signals :yes: Only reason I know it was a 95 was because it had the dealer stickers in the corner of the windshield, ya know?
driveshaft

scottb

that's a bit wierd... need help finding the problem with your heep? i met a guy at bassy falls (before it was closed) who was test driving a blazer for 3 days... he smashed the **** out of it cause he was drinking and driving... stupid bastard.

Connect

oh man that hill may look tame, but god damn try going up it. I think my rear end was slammed and my coils were coming off their perches :)

I didn't find it but I know exactly where it's at now.

And no I believe 4x4babe narrowed it down to the front DS for me ;) the slide is over-extending when I go up a hill and is right on the end of the teeth, so they are probably grinding.

scottb

yeah it looks like it's easy **** but i kept looking at the clino on the way down and it was 20-25* with lots of rocks and bumpy **** to toss you around. i found one to the east WAAAAY worse! glad i didnt have to go back down it...

Connect

It's not that bad of a hill, I saw that the 95 ZJ made it up with like highway tires and no slippage. Traction was never a problem with me, however it seemed every time I hit a rock the front ds would thud thus kinda loosing traction for an instant. Kinda noticeable but I checked the tracks and the tires never spun.

Boy was it windy too, I tried to get out my jeep and the wind slammed my door shut on my leg.

scottb

yep, when i was shooting it was ***** to aim cause the rifle kept getting blown all over the place (that's my excuse)... that is one windy ridge!

wallstrum

hello guys - i have been lurking on the forum here for a couple of weeks now, and got intrigued by this thread. i live up by the university, so i decided i would head up to see if one of you was up on the hill after i got off of work to see if i could help... i don't know how the hell that bronco got up that hill - the surface seemed too loose for it to be able to. and what the hell was he thinking driving it out where it was stuck? guy must be insane...

wally

scottb

yeah i couldnt believe it looking at those tires... that was quite insane. maybe we can throw together a group effort to get him out. i left my number on his back window in case he comes back...