going doorless

Sauce

anybody gone doorless on an xj? I am going to run half doors and want to see how people have done it.

DBXJ

well ive seen tube doors i would like half doors to as for door less then u would look at chrises jeep

DBXJ

which would be this

Mar0305.jpg

Scrub

lol i still laugh everytime i see Chris's jeep, especially in person.

I Plan on Getting/Making some tube half doors for mine this summer, that is the one reason that i used to want a TJ but i figure that i will just add the feature to my xj and call it done :)

Sauce

I don't think chris has ever heard of "rocker guards", I guess he doesn't need them because he doesn't have rockers any more

DBXJ

yea i dont really like riding in his jeep i get the feeling that either its gonna fall apart or im gonna fall out

kairo

Staff member
His jeep has gone places mine hasen't. I give him a helluva lot of credit for doing what he's able to do

Sauce

kairo said:
His jeep has gone places mine hasen't. I give him a helluva lot of credit for doing what he's able to do
Especially since he has a d30 and d35 and doesn't seem to have any breakage, correct me if I am wrong

Scrub

yea his jeep is very capable, i did not think he would make it up the waterfall with as little trouble as he did, i was quite surprised, so i give him alot of credit too and hes a good guy in my book, and he saved me a good amount of money on parts for my lift.

thanks again chris :D

Sauce

didn't I recommend him to you for the lift? He also has 35's, that clearance does a lot for him...

well im glad you'all are havin a great conversation about me while i am not online j/k .. Hey thanks for the compliments you all. alot of people have talked down about My stocky axels and 35's but hey you really never know the strength of anything untill you test it...

but speaking on the doors.. I have all four doors still if someone wants to buy them for real cheap to practice making half doors.
as for me when it gets warm i have decided to do the cage myself and tube doors all the way around and these doors will be welded closed so i might have to crawl in..

as for Xj body flex, really I hear criks and creaks when my suspention is flexing bit then again its no more then when i had doors and a hatch..

Christopher Corpus

Last edited:

DBXJ

christopher corpus said:
well im glad you'all are havin a great conversation about me while i am not online j/k .. Hey thanks for the compliments you all. alot of people have talked down about My stocky axels and 35's but hey you really never know the strength of anything untill you test it...

but speaking on the doors.. I have all four doors still if someone wants to buy them for real cheap to practice making half doors.
as for me when it gets warm i have decided to do the cage myself and tube doors all the way around and these doors will be welded closed so i might have to crawl in..

as for Xj body flex reay I hear criks and creaks when my suspention is flexing bit then again its no more then when i had doors and a hatch..

Christopher Corpus

but chris if i remeber correctly you havwe almost no rear flex :p