Got any good stuck pics?

kairo

Staff member
Here's my dumbest/most memorable. Some of you probably remember the story behind it. Too long to type again :yes: Suffice to say I was a bit of a 4xnewbie at that point
stuck2_small.jpg

Last edited:

RARECJ8

Not quite a 'stuck', but when my trailer turned turtle, it was a PITA getting it righted. Thanks to the pintle hitch, no damage. Gold Lake trail.

mb

DSCN1983.jpg

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
can i play? i got wedged pretty good there, couldn't back up, with my front pass. tire slipping into a large cravice if i went forward. then spoon and rockape showed up and spotted me out.

DSCF2079_original.jpg

DSCF2080_original.jpg

the "fix". looks good enough. :no:
DSCF2084_original.jpg

Last edited:

xjmoser

Denis said:
can i play? i got wedged pretty good there, couldn't back up, with my front pass. tire slipping into a large cravice if i went forward. then spoon and rockape showed up and spotted me out.

Wow! Its a good thing they showed up, Couldnt let any of those XJ guys help.

spoon

xjmoser said:
Wow! Its a good thing they showed up, Couldnt let any of those XJ guys help.
The XJ guy method involved chipping the offending rocks to nothing in order to clear the way. :rofl: :no:

rusty_tlc

I've posted this before. I don't have a lot of stuck pictures. I've only been stuck to where I couldn't get myself out one other time and that was 20 years ago in a two wheel drive Chevy on the back side of Peavine. No pictures of that event. I would have made it through here but I slid off the humps and into the ruts, damn BFG AT's are worthless in mud. This is about 25 miles west of Ely and another 10 miles from a paved highway, the tow truck charged $500 to pull me out. I still haven't heard from AAA about reimbursing me for the bill. :rolling: :rolling:
Dsc_0155.jpg

NevadaXJ

LOL. Most of the XJ guys were over enjoying the freshly cooked burgers while Denis was doing his thing. Myself, Eric, and others didn't know Denis was stuck until someone went to find him to find the ketchup for the meal. By that time it was being handled.

Scrub

yea all we wanted was the ketchup.....and i dont even think we got that i only had mustard :no:

kairo

Staff member
ok, time out!!!

We tried that forward drive for a long time. The jeep just kept slipping off the rocks into the crack. At the point the Ape and spoon showed up, Denis had backed the jeep up farther than before, and that is what finally allowed it to catch rock going forward. Our (the xj) plan was to pull one rock out so Denis could back up and get out. It just took the hardcore guys to show up with their magic touch:yes: :hyper:

NevadaXJ

Sauce said:
how did the bbq turn out, I had to leave...the wife was pissed at me :(

Burgers were great. Chips had sand in them (open ones did anyways). It was good. I enjoyed watching you bang up your rig.

MR.ROCKAPE

Sauce said:
how did the bbq turn out, I had to leave...the wife was pissed at me :(
Pj was pissed???You should have brought her along!!!I bet you told her that a shopping cart knocked off that mirror.:mama: