Got my Lift

Connect

Hey, it got in yesterday, man is there alot of hardware with it! I know this weekend is memorial day, but I want to have it on by then. I'm picking up a complete 325pc toolset tommorrow, so I know that I will have everything I need (I got everything laying around somewhere)

I live out in verdi and my driveway is dirt/gravel :( But if you want to come help you are welcome too ;) Probably put it on thursday/friday night. I know Eric wanted to take pictures.

Anyways Hope to have it driveable by saturday. post pics in the morning.

blackwidow

congrats! It sure is exciting once your stuff finally arrives. I hope things go well with it, post up pics of it all too. Oh and even though you just bought a 350pc tool kit....I would take every bolt and what not and make sure you actually have the correct tools, like do oyu need deep sockets?: might save oyu the trouble of running around this weekend.

EricsXJ

I'm still interested in coming. Could you please PM me with your address / directions and what times are OK to show up? If I can stay I'll help with the install too.

Are you planning on doing the front or rear first?

Sauce

Connect said:
Hey, it got in yesterday, man is there alot of hardware with it! I know this weekend is memorial day, but I want to have it on by then. I'm picking up a complete 325pc toolset tommorrow, so I know that I will have everything I need (I got everything laying around somewhere)

I live out in verdi and my driveway is dirt/gravel :( But if you want to come help you are welcome too ;) Probably put it on thursday/friday night. I know Eric wanted to take pictures.

Anyways Hope to have it driveable by saturday. post pics in the morning.
congrats connect, save yourself some trouble and find a friend with air tools, it will make life a lot easier.

Connect

I got air tools if I need, its just all the sockets and wrenches are in 50 different places, so I decided instead of spending half the time looking for tools, I'd just fork over $50 for a cheap set of tools from kragen, and then keep them as a trail kit.

I plan on doing the front first, just because the rear is add-a-leafs which requires dissasembling the entire leaf pack.

Eric If you are not doing anything friday night, or day, that is most likely when I will start it, because the last day of school is thursday and I might not get home until late. It may be a dirt driveway but im going to get my dad's 1" thick rubber work mat so it won't be too bad.

Scrub

I Can come out and Help on friday evening after i get off work.

I Found that it is easier to start with the rear and get the leafs out of the way, its not very hard just more time consuming.....

Did your kit come with shocks? at 4.5" you will need them im at 4.5 and my shocks are the maxxed out just sitting at that height.....im just cheap.

PM me with your address or phone number so that i can find my way out on friday.

-Matt-

Connect

Oh yes duct tape, that will work wonders when im going down the highway at 95 :)

Yea my kit came with shocks all the way around, drop brackets, new ubolt's, t-case drop, bla bla.

Does anyone know where to order the little gear reduction for the speedometer?

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Connect said:

it's a dealer only part, afaik. there are tons of online charts to choose the right one, then just go to Jeep and buy it. they are in $20-30 range.

EricsXJ

Connect said:

Denis said:
it's a dealer only part, afaik. there are tons of online charts to choose the right one, then just go to Jeep and buy it. they are in $20-30 range.

Yes you have to get it from the dealer. Speaking of which I just went down today to order mine (they didn't have a 36 toothed gear in stock) It was $20 and some change after tax. It would be wise to pick up a new O ring along with it. BTW, prices on those have gone up it seems. The first one I bought 3 or 4 years ago was only $12.

PizzaJeep

meh dont waste your money with the correct speedo gear,... right now i cruise down the freeway at 75 when im staying as fast as everyone else, so im thinkin its about 65=75... whatever just have a friend with a correct speedo drive by you down the freeway and call him on his cell phone, or just have him honk when you both get to exactly 65.. thats all you need to know about haha :crazy:

Last edited:

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
PizzaJeep said:
meh dont waste your money with the correct speedo gear,... right now i cruise down the freeway at 75 when im staying as fast as everyone else, so im thinkin its about 65=75... whatever just have a friend with a correct speedo drive by you down the freeway and call him on his cell phone, or just have him honk when you both get to exactly 65.. thats all you need to know about haha :crazy:

or borrow a GPS

Connect

Basically got the rear-end on today, Thanks to Eric for all the help. All I have to do is bolt the shocks on, drop it down, and tighten the shackles.

Anyways cheers to mastering the complexity of shock boots haha.

EricsXJ

We worked on it for about 4 hours with about 30 minutes of that taking pictures. I'd say we did a very good job considering we were working on basically a gravel driveway and Connect didn't even have his new tools out of the bag yet... glad I brought a few.

Didn't break even one rear shock bolt. :yup:

He still has the front to do and I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer to help.

Sauce

four hours for the rear :eek:, We put a whole new front end in blackwidows rig in that amount of time :p. Guess it helps to have the right tools :yup: . Glad everything went relatively smooth. Did you guys bust out the air tools?

EricsXJ

Used my electric impact and breaker bar, but I think he does have air tools but didn't appear to be readily available. I also think your work environment (gravel driveway) will have a lot to do with it too. But thats no excuse since it always takes me twice as long as anyone else would doing the same project. ;)

Sauce

EricsXJ said:
Used my electric impact and breaker bar, but I think he does have air tools but didn't appear to be readily available. I also think your work environment (gravel driveway) will have a lot to do with it too. But thats no excuse since it always takes me twice as long as anyone else would doing the same project. ;)
Well, you know what they say, its the quality of the work, not the quantity. That is what matters in the end. Are connect's arms like dustins? I was really impressed by the quality and craftsmanship of dustins new CA's, looks like rough country is taking it up a notch :yup: