H1 Wheel Centers and Rock Rings in or near town?

Brizzman

Premium Member
I have a set of stock H1 wheels (thanks sailormike) that I want to put on my FJ. I want to get wheel centers to correct the 7" backspacing to around 3 1/2" and I want rock rings. There are a few places I've found online that have them, but shipping is pretty expensive. Is there anyone in town that carries them or that can make them? I would think they were fairly easy to cut out on modern equipment and that someone in town would do it. I just don't know who has that kind of stuff around here. If anyone has a source for the right size HDPE pipe to make the beadlock inserts from that would be even better. Any suggestions of who to have weld them up is appreciated as well. I have one guy who said he can do it, but he wasn't sure how much it would cost because he didn't know how long it would take. After I got off the phone with him I realized that if he didn't know how long it would take, he probably hasn't done it before. I want them true to cruise at 80 on the highway if I need to.

The wheels are kinda rough, but I think I can clean them up pretty nice. They are the early version 12 bolt.

IMG_20201029_050213997.jpg
IMG_20201029_050145875.jpg

Brizzman

Premium Member
Still haven't found anything local, so I got some spacers to try them out.
IMG_20201105_210443273.jpg
I know that spacers are not the best way to go, but it will give me a chance to test them out and to see if spacers can hold up to the wheeling I do. I need to get the some inserts for the double beadlock. Trailworthy Fab seems to be the only ones I can find and shipping is a big chunk of the cost. If I could find the right size PVC pipe, I can cut my own. As always, I'm trying to do this as cheap as possible.
I bought new O-rings for them. I got AS568 standard -458 BN70, and they will work, but -457 would probably be a better fit.