Handgun selection

NevadaXJ

willyj said:
hey your around dayton. im east in stagecoach. where do you go at?
Carson range?
I just go over by a hill by my house. There are alot of targets set up at various distances on the hillside.

NevadaXJ

willyj said:
lol.

ones left out by other people? :rolleyes:
i tend to go to the carson range to bench my rifle.

The targets appear to be metal signs at different distances, working the whole way up the hill. They appear to have been there for years. The nice thing is you can hear when you hit the target.

willyj

cool!

i was thinking of something similiar like the appliance graveyard north of fernley.
i keep meaning to go get some of that to take to the metal recyclers when the price of steel goes up.

kairo

Staff member
WELL

Made it to Sportsman's Warehouse finally. I held about every handgun on their wall:D Had a nice chat with the guy behind the counter too. I'm going to go back and check out the revolvers tomorrow I think. I've thrown out a few of my choices...

NO glock compacts. WAYY too small in my hands. Felt like it was just going to slip out. The glock full-sizes felt fine though

Beretta .380 Gun felt really good, but decided it wasen't powerful enough.

Kahr .40. Felt awesome. $600+ :(

I've narrowed my selection down to the following:

Ruger P89 9mm
Springfield Armory XD 9 (9mm)

I'm leaning towards the Springfield, as it was just about the right size for me, and it felt like a solid, reliable gun.

Both of those weapons also have ambidextrous safety's (I'm left handed)

Dnmeistr

I have a Beretta .380, and really like it. Great for target shooting and the ammo is inexpensive. My next purchase will be in .45 or home defense shotgun :D

Reno Computer Repair

renocomputerrepair.com
Staff member
Kairo,

I have a Ruger P89, have had it now for over six years. Over 3000 rounds through it without a jam up. It is also very accurate, I use it to shoot cans at 15 yards with ease. Extended cap mags are cheap, what more can I say? The Ruger and the Sig are my most accurate, reliable handguns in my collection.

kairo

Staff member
Looks like it's gonna be the Ruger p89. should have it by wednesday or thursday. When it all came down to it, the price of the ruger was just so much less than the XD9

THANKS FOR THE HELP EVERYBODY!!! :yes:

kairo

Staff member

kairo

Staff member
It doesnt make my wrist sore when I shoot 300 rounds :) And I can afford to buy them :yes:

I'm looking at a 9mm bullet right now, and hell if I'd want to be shot with it. Plus....10 rounds? I oughta be able to make it work. So far I'm very pleased with my choice!

Connect

Now go buy a rubber grip and holster :)

So If you got a CCW permit you can wear the pistol, holstered, on your persons anytime anywhere (except schools and government places bla bla bla) I'd love to walk into costco and see the looks on their faces :)

kairo

Staff member
it has a rubber grip <3

And if you want to scare the fat ladies at costo, then you've got the wrong idea of Concealed carry!

But yes, you can go pretty much anywhere, but the gun has to be fully concealed, or fully visible. If you stretch your arms, and your gun peeks out of your shirt, it can be considered "brandishing" and you can get in biiiggg trouble even for that.

So, the looks on people's faces at costco would hopefully just be normal looks. They'd never know it was there!:yes:

xjmoser

I think im gonna go up friday after work a run some more rounds thru the Glock.

Nick Are you interested in going?

NevadaXJ

Connect said:
So If you got a CCW permit you can wear the pistol, holstered, on your persons anytime anywhere (except schools and government places bla bla bla) I'd love to walk into costco and see the looks on their faces :)
Please, never buy a gun.

If you have a CCW, that means you can carry concealed. If you are carrying concealed, corectly, then no one should ever know you have your gun, unless you have reason to pull it.

In Nevada, you do not need a CCW to openly carry an exposed pistol, HOWEVER, prepare to be harrased, especially if you decide to open carry into a store. Many companies have policies against guns in their stores, and they have every right to make you leave.

Gun ownership is not about scaring people....

Since Nick posted his new toy, I suddenly feel compelled to show mine off.... I think Sauce will approve.

Springfield Armory XD-9 9mm. Two 16 round mags and all the goodies....

Last edited by a moderator:

Connect

I was just kidding, and Even if I could carry I would not cause I think people who feel the need to carry guns everywhere have some serious issues :eek: or are truely in danger.

That's wierd that you can carry a pistol anywhere unconcealed, then again I lived in California for awhile :roll:

Ever sinced I moved here I wanted to get an XM-15 to take up into the desert and let fly, but it's not the cheapest in the world :)