Hardcore Trails In Nevada

JOE THE TOE

I,m New To This Website & I,m Curious To See The Pictures Of This "where Is The Trail" Thing. I Might Know Where It,s At, If Not I Can Probably Find Out!!! If You Want I Have Several Hardcore Trails In The Reno Area That I Would Be Willing To Share For A Price(just Kidding). I,ve Been Wheeling Hardcore For Quite Sometime, I Found & Named (budweiser,oh-sh T,twister,billy-bobs Audition,coyote Canyon,forever Canyon,etc.....) I,m Currently Vice-president Of Canyon-krawlers,but Joining "pirates Of The Rubicon" Very Soon & Always Looking To Make New Friends/wheeling Buddies!!

JOE THE TOE

By The Way I Might Be Hardcore, But I Don,t Forget How I First Started. I Still Spend Just As Much Time Going 1 Mile An Hour In The Desert Enjoying Our Beautiful State As I Do In The Rocks, If Not More....

MR.ROCKAPE

I usually go to the moonrocks because I can get bored with the trail ride thing.Any real tough trails I am missing?I have a tube buggy on 40s locked at both ends(there are a few pics on this site somewhere).If you got any fun ones I have missed or dont know about are you going to guide us?(Have trailer will travel)

JOE THE TOE

Trails

I Live In Spanish Springs By The Highschool,i Can Literaly Get In My Rig &drive 3 Blocks From My House On Pavement Then Dirt-road All The Way To The Moonrocks, How Getting-it Is That!!! 2 Of My Favorite Trails Are Right Here At The Top Of Eagle Canyon Dr. & I Would Be More Than Happy To Guide You Guys Through, Then You,ll Know Where They,re At & Can Go Anytime... :)

MR.ROCKAPE

Thats cool, Ill pm you. Me ,Throttleboy(AKA mini me) and possibly Spoo(n) would like to see and wheel some mad HARDCORE trails around here.

JOE THE TOE

How Come I Cant Send Pictures Over Here From My Computer, It Keeps Saying TOO Many Pixles But My Camera Wont Even Come Close To Dropping That Low & It,s Not Even That Exspensive!!!grrrr...

Last edited:

spoon

Hey Toe, did you ever wheel those Eagle Canyon uhhhh... canyons before that fire burned that area back a few years ago? That area was pretty good before all the sand washed off the hillsides after that fire and filled in all the obstacles. Some of those waterfalls were twice as tall as they are now. I have been around this area for a while and have always been on the look out for good,big rockcrawling areas,canyons, etc. I really haven't found much to get excited about. Seems like rocks just don't grow big in Nevada. I love Moonrocks but I would like to find more hardcore rockcrawling that maybe right in our backyard. I never thought that having a buggy on fo-dees would be a curse but when you consider that after Moonrocks, the nearest hardcore rockcrawling to this area maybe the Hammers, having bigger tires around this area kinda is a curse. So if anybody knows of some good stuff, shoot me a PM. Have trailer, will travel.

Norm the Big

By The Way I Might Be Hardcore, But I Don,t Forget How I First Started. I Still Spend Just As Much Time Going 1 Mile An Hour In The Desert Enjoying Our Beautiful State As I Do In The Rocks, If Not More....

I understand you completely. I love a challenge every now and then but getting out is really what it's about. Unfortunately I have an addiction of working on my junk more than I end up wheeling it. Hopefully that will change as I've been doing my buildup for the last year and a half and am finally able to drive it.

JOE THE TOE

trails

I Did Not Wheel Eagle Canyon Back Then, I Lived In Northwest Reno Then & Was Wheeling Up In 7th Street Pits Area, Thats How I Found Budweiser. But Twister & Billy-bobs Audition Are Here In Eagle Canyon & Are Very Fun/challenging. I Brought All The Pirates Up To Do Them & They Had More Fun Than They,ve Had In A Long Time, Now They Can,t Quit Coming Up To Do Them. Billy Bob Actually Named Billy-bobs Audition When We Were Doing Twister,you Actually Turn Off Of Twister To Do Billy-bobs So You Got 2 Trails Right Next To Eachother!!!!!

spoon

I have been looking for the mystery trail since I saw that guys post on Pirate. Couple guys posted some helpful info on here :thumbsup: and we know that it is in the Fernley area somewhere. I used to wheel with a guy from Ferntucky and he told me about a canyon out there that was the real deal. He had a Bronco on D60's with fo-dees and the canyon broke him off. He never took me out to it or told me where it was and I have since lost contact with him. I am thinking this maybe the same canyon that was in that Pirate thead. That guy said he would PM a guy on this board when they were going to run it again but I doubt he will. :disagree:

PizzaJeep

haha joey thats why i love ya so much!!

well if ya look at 'where is this trail' thread.. those are the only 2 or 3 pics of the mysterious trail.. it looks fun, but we wont figger out where it is till when these people come up from out of state and do it i dont think.. either way most of the people on this site got their panties and thongs and g strings in a bunch over being offended about not being 'hardcore' enough to do or recognize the trail, since only about 3 people on this site are set up for doing canyons..

so anyways joey... i still wanna do some more of those sweet trails this summer.. i ordered my suspension components for my 4 link today so ill start plasma cutting all of the old stuff off and putting it together next weekend.. then ill drag buzzy and his jeep off his *** and take me on these trails to see how far i can push it then...

ill call you tomorow afternoon if and when we're on our way out to the 'rocks

PizzaJeep

hey so spoon... have you been on the aformentioned trails that joe named off???

theyre pretty flippin awesome... ive never (and still wont this summer) had a vehicle that can do them, but ive been in the passenger seat through a good number of them and theyre about the coolest stuff that ive seen before in person

spoon

I am familiar with some of those trails that Toe mentioned but some of them I have never heard of or just don't know them by those names. Myself and Samco Fab used to wheel up in that Eagle canyon area several years ago before that fire. The one canyon I think you guys are calling Twister used to be crazy. :eek: We got our arses handed to us a few times up in there. Some of those climbs that are now 2-foot high ledges used to be six feet tall. We were really disappointed when we went back after that winter and saw how much that wash filled in with sand. I really haven't been back up in there since. Hey if your on Twister, is Billy Bob's the steep canyon that runs up to the right in between those first two waterfalls?

Last edited:

4xyota

Ya I PMed that guy awhile back and he said the next time they come up from California they would let me know and have me meet them some where so they could show me where it is at the guy said it is to hard to exsplain on the computer :mad:

Dirty Harry

Staff member
JOE THE TOE said:

That is what it is all about Joe, I'd be happy to wheel with you any time. :bowdown:

I know where Bud, Twisted, and Billy Bobs are at but haven't heard of Coyote (only the one in Moab) or Forever Canyon. Give a shout the next time you are headed out to these trails.

Norm the Big

Do you guys have pics of these places? It sounds a step up from what I would usually do. I built mine up to do Rubicon and Fordyce. What you all seem to be describing is like strict rockcrawling stuff. It's cool to know theres some cool places within an hour or so from where I'm at. I'm going to seriously check out a map I have of arround the Fernley area. Maybe I can get a more detailed one as well.

JOE THE TOE

"the-trail"

:scratchhe WHO ARE THE GUY'S FROM CALI?WHAT ARE THEIR NAMES, I MIGHT KNOW THEM OR NO SOMEBODY WHO DOES!!!!!!!I WONDER IF SCHAFFER KNOWS WHERE THE TRAIL IS :rolleyes: I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING.......WHY DO I CARE!!!!THAT'S ALL THE WAY OUT IN FERNTUCKY,WHY WHEN WE HAVE JUST AS GOOD OF TRAILS RIGHT HERE IF NOT BETTER! :D

Last edited:

JOE THE TOE

Canyons

I'll Post When I'm Going To Go,i Have A New Atlas2 To Install & I Have To Move, So If Anybody Get's Impatient & Can't Wait Pm Me & I'll Give You Directions. :)

throttleboy

hey spoon,last time you tried a big rock you bit you tongue :D !! maybe i'll go first and see if i can clear some of the s**t out of the way for you tube pimps on fodees ;) !!

Last edited: