Hello all!

Charlie

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I've also gotten the 'bug' again and have been looking to pick up a TJ to mod and play with...Coming from a largely import background is there anything in particular I should look for? :D

(formerly the pest with the Xterra)

Charlie

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
hey Charlie!

pretty much any TJ is fine. i'm building a 97 TJ. it all depends how much you want to spend.

Charlie

I'm trying to be patient with it and not pick up anything I'd regret. I'd acctually prefer a stock rig, late 90's, low mileage, etc... I also want to have the funds to build to a level fitting with my capabilities (read: not an insano rock buggy, but built for very spirited recreation :cool: ). I'm still a ways away, but it doesn't hurt to get going on the research end of things and start looking. This past year has sucked without wheeling...

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Charlie said:
I'm trying to be patient with it and not pick up anything I'd regret. I'd acctually prefer a stock rig, late 90's, low mileage, etc... I also want to have the funds to build to a level fitting with my capabilities (read: not an insano rock buggy, but built for very spirited recreation :cool: ). I'm still a ways away, but it doesn't hurt to get going on the research end of things and start looking. This past year has sucked without wheeling...

I got a stocker with 4.0 and auto (the rest of the drivetrain will be removed). It has just over 100k miles and I paid $6800 for it.

Charlie

It's good to know the buy-in won't be a killer. In some ways the imports were almost easier, the parts that are available for Jeeps just boggles my mind :eek: