Hey from North Carolina

haleyanthony

I live in North Carolina now. My wife grew up in Sparks. We will be moving out there in June 06. I already posted this stuff some where else then I found Here. Anyways I'm glad there is a group of wheelers in the area out there. I'm the club dictator over here. if your interested here is a link to our boardhttp://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/carolinajeepsters/
I'm looking forward to getting out there and wheeling. Looks like alot of rocks and good traction. Over here it is steep with plenty of rocks but everything is always wet. It usually takes some skinny pedal to get over stuff. Well I look forward to hanging out on the board and meeting ya all on a trail next summer.
haley

72 Virginians

Staff member
Welcome!

What part of NC are you from? I lived in the Raleigh area for a year back in 99 and my family lives an hour north of Greensboro in VA.

kairo

Staff member
one interesting thing you'll find out here is that......our vehicles don't rust :D

welcome to Reno (eventually)

haleyanthony

We live in Hope Mills near Fayetteville. But I work in raliegh 4 or 5 times a month. When you were here did you ride in UNF? It is kinda tame for my rig but it takes care of the quick fix. I'm looking forward to the dry no rust thing. All my dents are starting to rust. I'm going to do flat fenders and some sort of bob on the rear soon. I hope to get up to the mountains in Tenn. the first weekend of nov. I'll try to get some more pics.

rusty_tlc

kairo said:
one interesting thing you'll find out here is that......our vehicles don't rust :D

welcome to Reno (eventually)
They don't? :nervous:

Oh wait, I'm probably the only one on this board with a thirty year old POS. :rolling: Guess it just takes longer out here than in the rust belt.

And Haley, you might want to subscribe to the "events" forum, that way you get an e-mail notice when an event is posted.

72 Virginians

Staff member
haleyanthony said:
We live in Hope Mills near Fayetteville. But I work in raliegh 4 or 5 times a month. When you were here did you ride in UNF? It is kinda tame for my rig but it takes care of the quick fix. I'm looking forward to the dry no rust thing. All my dents are starting to rust. I'm going to do flat fenders and some sort of bob on the rear soon. I hope to get up to the mountains in Tenn. the first weekend of nov. I'll try to get some more pics.

Na, when I was in Raleigh, I was driving a 91 Cavalier. I left "Frankentruck" (46 Chevy on a 64 International frame, front Chevy diff, rear Ford 9, Dana 300, and a Buick V6 from and old CJ-5.) in VA.

It might take you a few month to adjust to living out here. We have four seasons, the lakes are blue instead of muddy, there is no kudzu, and everyone thinks its weird to have cole slaw on a hot dog. But I love it out here. Weekends at Bucks Lake, all kinds of places to wheel, Virginia City, and you can buy food, pants, and booze at Wal-Mart at 3am on a Sunday.

haleyanthony

Yea were looking forward to it alot. Taxes here are kiling us. Plus I work for the state here on my full time job and they will not give state employees a real raise. Probably won't be much better out there. but the wife will be nearer to her mom. more peace for me. How is the wheeling out there. I have a full spool up front now. It works here. The trails are slick enough that I can usually steer the B_tch. I'm going to either do a Ram steer and leave the spool or do a detroit soft locker later this winter. What do you all run.
haley