hey! Rockers

xjmoser

LOL :D

anyways I finally built my new rock sliders:
I cut out the old rocker panels and welded in some 2x4 3/16 square tube. This is just the begining there will be some tube and all tied into the "frame" rails.

Rocker%201.JPG

rocker%202.JPG

rocker%203.JPG

Sauce

HEY! Tom, looks good, wouldn't be half as nice if Dustin and I weren't supervising so closely ;)

kairo

Staff member
quality supervision and plenty of cold beverages are the absolute essentials to the successful completetion of any automotive project.

Rockers look good! you've been talking about this for a while, glad to see you're gettin' down to it

blackwidow

Hey! tom sorry i couldn't stay the whole time but those look very good. Can't wait to see the final product. Glad I could come and supervise, and thanks for those tacos too.

xjmoser

Here are a couple pics with the tube welded on. Now just need to paint them.

Last edited:

blackwidow

tom i must say you once again out did yourself :rock: . These things are awsome!!! ME like em' a lot......thanks for posting the pics too.

Samco Fab

Nice tube, great bends ;) , how was that super beef tube to cut?? I definitely like how they are recessed into the rocker, how much did you notch the rocker?? I'm guessing tube tilted up hit the door or looked funny eh. looks good straight out though. You also have quite bunch of groopies, "wow Tom youre so great". I'm jealous :D

xjmoser

samco fab said:
Nice tube, great bends ;) , how was that super beef tube to cut?? I definitely like how they are recessed into the rocker, how much did you notch the rocker?? I'm guessing tube tilted up hit the door or looked funny eh. looks good straight out though. You also have quite bunch of groopies, "wow Tom youre so great". I'm jealous :D

Those bends were right on, Thanks. I cut the ends with a chop saw. we notched the center tube with a torch :crazy: then ground out with the grinder.

We liked the look of them strait out better.

Ill bring that other tube back this week.

I understand your jealousy. I had that same feeling when I walked in your shop. :D

xjmoser

cutthroat said:
Very nice. Why does that one jeep look so much bigger.

Oh man! Did dustin tell you to say that?

The one on the left is Dustins and the other (little one) is mine.