High Steer Arms

rockrawler81

Ok i got a dana 44 front for a yj. i thought of using the stock steering setup but i learned a long time ago that would not work because of the draglink hitting the leafspring. so then i thought id go ahead and get new knuckles and high steer arms from foothill offroad, but some stupid stuff happened(like i got in an accident in may, my fault, NOW she calls me and wants the money) so im stuck on dinero until my next paycheck. for my spring over ive already ordered-

HD 32 Spline Tailshaft Kit from Currie Enterprises
4 Leaf Spring Perches
4 Shock Mounts
All U-Bolts for axles

Going to Order

Extended Stainless Steel Rear Brakeline from RE
High Steer Arm- Passenger Side Only( I just want to have the draglink problem gone.)
Rear Driveshaft
Custom Draglink

Now the questions I have for the pros-(you guys)
Should I go down to 4 wheel parts and order a high steer arm? I dont know if i should trust that place because of the stuff ive heard about overcharging and poor service. Or should I just order it off the net?

How do u make a custom draglink and how much do u think it would cost?

Any info you could give me would make my search a lot easier. I appreciate it and see you on the trail soon!

MR.ROCKAPE

Go to Shakerbuilt.com and get some from him I had them on my last rig and they are a good product.I was able to bend one but that is because I wheel "HARDCORE".But Tim did replace it for free so I cant complain.If you cant find his web site try Ebay search for "dana 44".

Sauce

if what rockape suggests doesn't work, contact sam down at samco fab, he will hook you up fat!

Dirty Harry

Staff member
I would get a Parts Mike steering arm. He can supply you with the milled flat top knuckle also, if you need it. He is in Auburn so shipping will be super quick and inexpensive. For the drag link, I have used Shakerbuilt and Tim builds good stuff. I have also used weld in bungs from Poison Spyder Customs and made my own drag link and tie rod as well. This is a good option if you do not know what length you need ahead of time.

Sauce

Dirty Harry said:
I would get a Parts Mike steering arm. He can supply you with the milled flat top knuckle also, if you need it. He is in Auburn so shipping will be super quick and inexpensive. For the drag link, I have used Shakerbuilt and Tim builds good stuff. I have also used weld in bungs from Poison Spyder Customs and made my own drag link and tie rod as well. This is a good option if you do not know what length you need ahead of time.
If you do decide to go the weld in bungs route, The bug garage or whatever it is called has them as well as heims. Sam also has tube, bungs and heims for sale....Speedway motors has great prices on heims, I think my 3/4" ones were like $16 a piece. Rocksnake uses them on his buggy for links, so they should be strong enough/

Last edited:

Dirty Harry

Staff member
I went the Poison Spyder route because they have bungs for 7/8-18 tie rod ends, which are/were hard to find. I know that Poly Performance carries these now, but most places have more standard 3/4-16 threads. I chose tie rod ends over heims because of legality and wear issues.

JOE THE TOE

If The Factory Knuckle On Your 44 Is A Flat-top & Just Needs To Be Drilled , Tapped , & Machined Let Me Know 'cause My Uncle Does That & Also Cuts & Re-splines Axles For Most Of The Local 4x4 Shops !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!