Hot Spots!

YoungWon22

Watsup 4x4ers, i'm new to jeeps and offroading, i used to own a crx and now i got a jeep to play with...
So far i've only offroaded at one trail : the mountain behind the hospital/Del Taco area on Vista Blvd, and now the f:rolling: :rolling: kers from the city wanna build stores and houses and stuff up there..
I was wondering where else i can go to offroad (somewhere close, not Eagle lake or Fellon, etc) and what I can expect and the difficulty of the trail, etc.
Also i'd love to join you guys on trail runs once I get my lift and tires hooked up :woot:
Thanks for helping out and please feel free to list as many places as you want :D

kairo

Staff member
get on north mcarran--observe dirt roads throughout hills--wheel on those roads. they're not tough

Connect

Yea, check the forums for runs like hunter lake, or peavine. Need any help picking a lift or putting it on and what not. Don't be shy to ask for help :)

Yea I live out here in verdi and you can take easy easy dirt roads all the way to truckee from here.

Last edited:

rusty_tlc

There are a bunch of roads in the Virginia Mountains. You can access them from Lockwood, or Louse Town Road (top of Giger Grade, Through Virginia Highlands.)

YoungWon22

i was gonna order RE6130 last weekend but decided to wait a few weeks more and get enough money for tires as well...
can't wait any f ing longer :maddance:

scottb

up by DRI is fun- easy stuff but gets your internal tilt-meter freakin out (it's amazing what 25 degrees of side angle does to your brain). also peavine is fun and there are easy parts.

Dirty Harry

Staff member
DRI is Desert Research Institue, off 395 north of 80 near TMCC. There are a bunch of dirt roads on the BLM land that run along that range. Peavine is the mountain that overlooks Reno from the Northwest with the big 'R' on it. Lots of trails out there from mild to pretty wild.