How long before forums come back and social media is only woke?

WILLD420

Premium Member
Can it happen? Do you think it's likely?

If it wasn't for FB marketplace, I wouldn't be on any of them but I have my own reasons for that. Others might feel differently but I am beginning to refuse to participate in businesses that profit from selling your info to enemies of freedom or provide a platform for places like Iran and people like Luis Farrakhan.

DJRENO

Premium Member
Doing the right thing isn't always easy or comfortable. Whether to nut up or shut up is the question one has ask one's self.

WILLD420

Premium Member
I hate Marketplace for many reasons. I much prefer CL but not many people are using CL anymore. Especially, the people selling things cheap. FB is nothing but flakes but at least you can get cheap stuff there.

Probably won't matter much anyway. I heard that they are going after the ISP's now. Anybody who has traffic that supports Conservative viewpoints, and freedom will be next. Just look, AR15.com was taken out today as well. Guess I better start a ton of threads pledging allegiance to Pelosi and Schumer...

DirtyChemist

Premium Member
Marketplace has been very competitive to craigslist unfortunately... it is hard to get rid of for that reason alone.

This is the ONLY thing I see different. Young kids had Facebook since they were 14 and it’s easier for anyone to snap photos from their phone and post to face page than it is to make an account for craigslist. Both suck and censor stuff, but Craigslist has always been a personal favorite of mine and it’s still used.

I have been waiting for face page groups to die. Al I hear from people about them is they suck to follow anything. 10 years ago there was that giant ‘just get on Facebook’ push and it apparently morphed into private groups with moderators just like a forum.

Facebook and social media will go away when something better comes along, OR people actively search out forums. Build threads, tech, organized runs, and sale items are better organized in forums. Facebook ‘is just easier’ even with all the crap people hate about it.

ScoobyMike

I have de-Googled and de-Facebooked reno4x4 today, no more google ads to generate revenue, but I can deal with that. No more ability to login using your fb or google ID, but that's OK.
I am following VivaBarnesLaw on Locals and pay $5 per month to be a "member". Is there any way to implement this model for Reno4x4? Wasn`t there a premium membership in the past? I would be happy to pay dues to support a product that does not make me the product.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
I am following VivaBarnesLaw on Locals and pay $5 per month to be a "member". Is there any way to implement this model for Reno4x4? Wasn`t there a premium membership in the past? I would be happy to pay dues to support a product that does not make me the product.
You can still buy a Premium membership (https://reno4x4.com/forum/account/upgrades), you just don't get any special features by being "Premium", just a "Premium" badge under your name.
I am trying to phase the old subscriptions out and lowered the "Premium" price down to $10/year.

Last edited:

DirtyChemist

Premium Member
You can still buy a Premium membership (https://reno4x4.com/forum/account/upgrades), you just don't get any special features by being "Premium", just a "Premium" badge under your name.
I am trying to phase the old subscriptions out and lowered the "Premium" price down to $10/year.

I’ll buy one just to support the forum again. I’ve always liked how things were run here. Plus that’s less than a dollar a month which seems ridiculously CHEAP for the labor it takes to run this place.