i need help!!!!!

izzy

well i bought another jeep because my other one broke. it is an 86 fuel injected 2.5 with the select trac i think. well im in the process of switching over all my suspension parts and axles. but i ran into a problem a few minutes ago. i was looking at the front axle in the new jeep and i think its the disconnect type axle its got wires running to the axle, on my other jeeps front axle it does not have all the wires running to it at all. i dont want to spend the money again to have my gears and locker installed. i dont know what to do, i have about $900 sitting in my room and i was thinking about the hub conversion. if any of you can help it would greatly appreciate it.

blackwidow

yea that was the same axle my jeep had in it....you probably found out by now that those "wires" which are vacuum lines run all the way to your transfer case....just swap your axles from your old jeep and plug off those vacuum lines....or simply swap transfer cases as well

EricsXJ

Yep no need to worry about the vaccume lines. You can swap axles (easiest) or use your one piece passenger side shaft in the disco axle housing (not as easy as swapping the whole thing). Either way, when you pull the 4x4 shifter, that is what will engage the front driveshaft with the transfer case.

Hey BTW, you still have one of those crappy GNK driveshafts? I'd like to borrow it if I can.

izzy

thanks alot guys that helps alot i will ask more questions if i run into any more problems, ya eric i think my new jeep has that type of shaft so as soon as i take it off i will let you know