In memory of Darin YJ Build thread

Shinobi

Staff member
Check out our new 92 YJ :) Originally we wanted a TJ but with our limited funds we found this YJ in a Damn good condition . It has no leaks and interior isn't bad at all and man this thing call haul ASSSSSSS !!!!!
Specs:
1992 Jeep Wrangler
4.0L I6 MPI AMC 242 "Power Tech HO" (High Output)
120K miles
AX-15 5speed
Front dana 30 - 4.10 gear ratio
Rear dana 35 - 4.10 gear ratio
I think it might have a lift on it but Im not sure nether was the previous owner....

IMG_4573.jpg

IMG_4572.jpg

IMG_4571.jpg

IMG_4569.jpg

IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4564.jpg

IMG_4566.jpg

IMG_4567.jpg

So what are some good Mods I can do to this thing ???
Im thinking about eather getting a 4" rancho lift or doing a SOA for starters .. which should I do ??

Last edited:

Air Sierra

Staff member
Is the frame bent on that ???? If you look at your photos right below the front edge of the door on the body the tub is buckled on both sides of the tub....Any damage history????

Or maybe its just the photo's

Shinobi

Staff member
hummm o_O I just noticed that .... I checked the carfax report and it was clean. I dont know why it has that. It felt like a bump it wasnt that bad... I'm not sure how that can happen. Could it be from Flexing it too hard ??

Air Sierra

Staff member
hummm o_O I just noticed that .... I checked the carfax report and it was clean. I dont know why it has that. It felt like a bump it wasnt that bad... I'm not sure how that can happen. Could it be from Flexing it too hard ??

na it would be from a inpact from the front or jumping the jeep and landing on the nose. look at the fram in that area to see if there are any wrinkles or if the body mounts look wrong.

Nice looking jeep though

Shinobi

Staff member
well there are no wrinkles in the area just the bump and the mounts look fine ...

Thanks man we really like the jeep :thumbsup:

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
CJ and YJ sheetmetal is not as straight and smooth as TJs. It could be just the way it is, and light in the pictures emphasizes it. Put rocker guards on it and no one will even see it again. :D

Shinobi

Staff member
Thanks man :) so what should I do to it ?? get the 4"rancho lift or get the SOA conversion ??

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks man :) so what should I do to it ?? get the 4"rancho lift or get the SOA conversion ??

SOA. On my old YJ I used to run 4.5" RE Extreme Duty kit and it flexed great for SUA, but in the long run you'd be happier with SOA.

Mrburns

CJ and YJ sheetmetal is not as straight and smooth as TJs. It could be just the way it is, and light in the pictures emphasizes it. Put rocker guards on it and no one will even see it again. :D

thats a very common crumple area on the cj/yj its probably been in a fenderbender... minor ones will do that to it... nothing really to worry about...as long as the doors don't rub. The gaps look tight in the rear, but hard to know without seeing it. Like I said if the doors aren't rubbing...the its good to go... like someone said...slap some rockers on there and no one will know...:thumbsup:

nice addition!

are you going to keep the rear rack?