In memory of Darin YJ Build thread

Shinobi

Staff member
Put em behind the roll bars and strap em down. :thumbsup:

Ha zA!!! thats sounds easy enough to do

thats a very common crumple area on the cj/yj its probably been in a fenderbender... minor ones will do that to it... nothing really to worry about...as long as the doors don't rub. The gaps look tight in the rear, but hard to know without seeing it. Like I said if the doors aren't rubbing...the its good to go... like someone said...slap some rockers on there and no one will know...:thumbsup:

nice addition!

are you going to keep the rear rack?

yeah doors fits perfect and yeah im defiantly going to get some rockers for it

yeah im gonna keep the roof rack it should come in handy when going camping :)

nice jeep man, sounds like you scored...4.10 gears thats sweet. :thumbsup:

Thanks man :) yeah this thing can haul ass I can probly catch up with 72 virginians on the trails now :p

Last edited:

4x4nvcowboy

Nice YJ. Welcome to the YJ club...lol
Looks like your jeep has a small lift on it. From the side picture, it looks to have a t-case drop kit.
4.10 gears...Score. thats what i need for my YJ.
Throw on some TnT rockers.
thats what i did when my jeep had some minor body damage when it was hit below the door.

Shinobi

Staff member
Cool so I guess its a common thing then :thumbsup: Phewww :D

We took the Jeep wheeling yesterday between redrock and coldsprings We had tons of fun except when the Bikini top hit my face while driving :pissed: :D

4wd on this jeep is awesome and works great :thumbsup:

Shinobi

Staff member
Nice YJ. Welcome to the YJ club...lol
Looks like your jeep has a small lift on it. From the side picture, it looks to have a t-case drop kit.
4.10 gears...Score. thats what i need for my YJ.
Throw on some TnT rockers.
thats what i did when my jeep had some minor body damage when it was hit below the door.

Thanks man

Will do that will be the next thing in line

myne doesnt leak :thumbsup:

but urs is a 4cly :p and its rebuilt :p

Well we bought a hardtop this weekend (thanks Ratracer) just in case it gets cold for the bodie run
We also ordered a rough country 4" lift kit coming this week . We wanted the SOA originally but we just don't have enough money for that yet :(

The hardtop wasn't in the greatest condition it just needed some TLC . It also came with a roof rack :thumbsup:

4fd8b97f.jpg

69a0d21e.jpg

Last edited:

Shinobi

Staff member
There was a crack on the edge but I fixed it up with some fiberglass I had left from my computer building days.
bbd7da63.jpg

7fad43e2.jpg

Its not professional looking but I did my best :D
c27781b5.jpg

1913faa7.jpg

b603569e.jpg

2a4b2714.jpg

3544f302.jpg

then we sanded the whole top then sprayed the whole thing with bedliner rattle cans from walmart
(its only the first coat so its a lil spotty )

ea85be8b.jpg

btw anyone know where is a good place to get weather stripping stuff for the hardtop ?

Last edited:

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
We also ordered a rough country 4" lift kit coming this week . We wanted the SOA originally but we just don't have enough money for that yet :(

Send it back. Rough Country will ride "rough" and will not flex that great. You're going to regret it and wishing for SOA.

Nice job on patching the hardtop. :thumbsup:

Shinobi

Staff member
Send it back. Rough Country will ride "rough" and will not flex that great. You're going to regret it and wishing for SOA.

Well ive read some mixed reviews about it and Ive herd that it rides "rough" but alot of people from jeepforums.com seem to like it since they have changed their spring manufacture so maybe it will be different than what you have experienced .

Maybe if I come along a good deal on some RE springs ill switch them and when we can afford a SOA & SYE kit we will do it but for right now its right price for my wallet . :p
Nice job on patching the hardtop. :thumbsup:

Thanks man :thumbsup:

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
Hey if your going to leave that roof rack on it, maybe thing about welding a tab with a 1/2 hole so you can bolt on a cb antenna, just make sure if you do that to run probably atleast a 10ga wire for a ground to the body of the jeep :thumbsup: