In memory of Darin YJ Build thread

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
yeah were gonna put the rack to good use :D

btw should I make a mounting thing on the rack for the trail ??

now I can just unbolt the old TC and just slap this one in ?? <-- noob :wave:

Ya if you need help makin a mount give me a shout, I could weld somethin on if you need after hours at my shop.

If your T-case which should be a NP231 ya it should just bolt right up. If you lock on the T-case in the back of it there should be a tag saying new process or something and say what model it is.

Roach

error operator
Staff member
You will need a CV driveshaft also though, and the AA kit is a real SYE shaft swap job, not the weird hack n' tap job, which is stronger.

I don't think a standard shaft will work with a SYE

Shinobi

Staff member
You will need a CV driveshaft also though, and the AA kit is a real SYE shaft swap job, not the weird hack n' tap job, which is stronger.

I don't think a standard shaft will work with a SYE

Well I guess im going to have to get this when I get paid next month :D

bamftruck

what size tires are on that thing, when you lift it are you getting bigger tires and if so will you be selling the ones that are on it now? i might be interested in them.

Roach

error operator
Staff member
if its lifted you should run one anyways or you'll get a nasty viberation

Or you can just plain blow out ujoints and get stranded on donner at 2AM in the cold with no top on and the prick AAA driver won't tow you all the way back to reno because of a "shift change" and will leave you at the 76 station in truckee and you'll have to remove your rear driveshaft with a crescent wrench that is too large for the job and drive home to sparks in 4wd with no rear driveshaft, on the freeway at 7AM. :squint:

Shinobi

Staff member
Or you can just plain blow out ujoints and get stranded on donner at 2AM in the cold with no top on and the prick AAA driver won't tow you all the way back to reno because of a "shift change" and will leave you at the 76 station in truckee and you'll have to remove your rear driveshaft with a crescent wrench that is too large for the job and drive home to sparks in 4wd with no rear driveshaft, on the freeway at 7AM. :squint:

lol that doesn't sound fun

D

DV8LADY2

:( I want a YJ in that shape! Hey you wanna trade you 4.0 fuel injected for my 4.2 pain in the ass with a weber carb.....? :D

IMG00137.jpg

Last edited:

Shinobi

Staff member
:( I want a YJ in that shape! Hey you wanna trade you 4.0 fuel injected for my 4.2 pain in the ass with a weber carb.....? :D

lol im good thanks tho .. why don't u like ur YJ ?? I saw it on CL it doesn't look that bad .

Shinobi

Staff member
what size tires are on that thing, when you lift it are you getting bigger tires and if so will you be selling the ones that are on it now? i might be interested in them.

the tires on it now are 30s with 15inch rims. We will eventually go bigger but probably not until we use these up. the gf likes the rims and the tires soooo we'll see...

CashMoney

I piss excellence.

hehe i've drivin home in 4wd before...freakin 10bolt chevy rear ends :maddance:

Shinobi

Staff member
P.O. was John. He lives at my in-laws house (small world)..... I have been shooting with him a few times. If you have any other questions that you forgot to ask him, let me know.

oh cool small world indeed ... lol i thought u were gonna give me some bad news about the jeep :p

StaleAle

oh cool small world indeed ... lol i thought u were gonna give me some bad news about the jeep :p

Just whatever you do.......... don't push the red button on the dash! LOL No bad news for ya I just recognized the Jeep. From what I understand John took real good care of it. :thumbsup:

Shinobi

Staff member
Just whatever you do.......... don't push the red button on the dash! LOL No bad news for ya I just recognized the Jeep. From what I understand John took real good care of it. :thumbsup:

lol he sure did the jeep is in good condition :D