International Scout History

darren y

There was also a Scout 800c I had one 1970 it came with a 345 t-18 4spd and Dana 44's front and rear, had a scout II dash electric wipers and the window did NOT fold down, at least thats how I remember it!

most of those 800c's were Dana 30 fronts, but there where a few that had a 44, I think that was a special order option.

Travman

i am still working out details but should be buying a 1961 int scout full hard top school bus yellow all orig, except the radio antenna is missing and the down pipe and exhaust is gone:eek:

Travman

on that xtreme 4x4 show they took a 69 800a all stock and put 72 scout 2 rear axle and 345 engine and then an old chevy front with lots of goodies it look good sitting still. i wish had that shop and that money and those sponsors !!!!!!!!!! half the stuff they get is free just for shooting out a name!!!!

Travman

since i got you guys any ways lemme ask..... like i just said i may be getting that 61 scout there not much to one of those couple guages couples knobs. this particular one is pretty clean minimal if any rust it was in a barn for about 10 years all glass couple small dings in the sheet metal and all stock unmolested. the asking price is 2k firm i love these old truck and could bring this one (eventually to Hot August Nights) should i go for it?

kittenb

since i got you guys any ways lemme ask..... like i just said i may be getting that 61 scout there not much to one of those couple guages couples knobs. this particular one is pretty clean minimal if any rust it was in a barn for about 10 years all glass couple small dings in the sheet metal and all stock unmolested. the asking price is 2k firm i love these old truck and could bring this one (eventually to Hot August Nights) should i go for it?
Dont think just do :thumbsup:

Toyota Guy

Engine Specs

This information came out of my original International factory service manual for 1976-1977 but should apply for all years of the same engine but double check before using on other model years.

All motors
Firing order 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2
Plug gap .030
Engine Serial No. Location: Stamped on cylinder block front corner right bank
Initial Timing Setting (use No. 8 Cylinder): T C
Distributor Point Gap Setting .016
Idle Speed Range (RPM) 675-725

Recommended Max. Speed 304 (Cu. In.) 3900 RPM

Bore 3.88
Stroke 3.22
Brake H,P. (Max.) @RPM 193.1 @4400
Brake H,P. (Net.) @RPM 180.0 @4400
Torque (Max.) Lb. [email protected] 270.5 @2800
Compression Ratio 8.19:1
Weight 698 Lbs.

Bore 3.88
Stroke 3.66
Brake H,P. (Max.) @RPM 196.7 @4000
Brake H,P. (Net.) @RPM 168.0 @3800
Torque (Max.) Lb. [email protected] 309 @2400
Compression Ratio 8.28:1
Weight 727 Lbs.

Bore 4.13
Stroke 3.66
Brake H,P. (Max.) @RPM 235.6 @4000
Brake H,P. (Net.) @RPM 191.0 @3600
Torque (Max.) Lb. [email protected] 356.5 @2800
Compression Ratio 8.0:1
Weight 754 Lbs.

Last edited:

renor27

What length was the Terra Scout?

Am looking @ a project build and was told that scout frames were all boxed. One less thing to have to do.
Know that the Terra scout had a wheel base of 118 that will work for the project but what was the total length of the Terras?
Will all the crazy after market scout parts out there the project will be easy if I can use a Scout frame
david

Toyota Guy

Am looking @ a project build and was told that scout frames were all boxed. One less thing to have to do.
Know that the Terra scout had a wheel base of 118 that will work for the project but what was the total length of the Terras?
Will all the crazy after market scout parts out there the project will be easy if I can use a Scout frame
david
Yeah they have a boxed frame. I went out and measured the Terra sitting in my back yard it is 182" long and 66" wide.

Last edited:

Bitosin

You had your chance Trav. That's the one I ended up getting in August and have been working on since ( Project: Banana Slug ). There is/was a lot more work to getting it running than it looked like.

Bitosin

And I still have to get the timeing and exaust issues taken care of . Then it will be ready for the road.

Bitosin

I wish IH was still building Scouts. From what I understand, they quit when the gov't started mandating all kinds of equipment for "cars" that is not required on trucks, so they decided to stick with trucks that were less hassle.

litlmeck

I wish IH was still building Scouts. From what I understand, they quit when the gov't started mandating all kinds of equipment for "cars" that is not required on trucks, so they decided to stick with trucks that were less hassle.

Im sure thats 1 part of many parts as to why they stopped the whole light line