inverted-T steering on XJ/TJ

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
I had Rusty's YJ tie-rod laying around from my old YJ, and since it's way beefier than stock TJ (and XJ) components I decided to use it. It clears everything except for the trackbar bolt head at the axle end. Just slightly, so it only scraped the pain off. The tie rod clears Warn diff skid great. I still have to get a beefier drag link, as that one is stock YJ.
And I need to put on a drop pitman arm to bring the drag link angle back to parallel with track bar.

DSCF0978.jpg

PizzaJeep

oh wow your track bar is almost completely straight.. i have a RE front trackbar and mine has a bent up at the top. it clears most of my diff except for a little part of my upper control arm bracket on the driver side of it. thats wild!

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
You have RE1600 and mine is RE1610. Apparently RE just released a new version with bend to clear larger D44 diff.

PizzaJeep

thats wild. oh yea and i looked into the trackbar thing for you from RE- no luck. i can still get you a better price than retail for the new trackbar. yours is still new so you could easily sell it for what you bought if for- damn oh well.

EricsXJ

Denis said:
You have RE1600 and mine is RE1610. Apparently RE just released a new version with bend to clear larger D44 diff.
Of course more lift would solve that problem. :yup: not that you need any more lift....