ipad photos to PC?

RARECJ8

Premium Member
have tried all the google searches and suggestions, but no go. is there some secret handshake? PC no recognize ios whether ipad or iphone5

i can see pix on PC but no option to upload...

argh

Reno Computer Repair

renocomputerrepair.com
Staff member
IIRC you need to have Itunes installed on the PC, and there is an option in Itunes settungs for USB use/access.
I have not had Itunes installed since all the cloud shit went through, but that is what I remember.

DirtyChemist

the iPad loads em up just fine, but iPhone 5? no go.
When I plug my iPhone 5 in the phone asks me if I want to trust the computer. If I trust the computer it shows up just like a USB drive does under My computer. You should be able to pull them off from there.

RARECJ8

Premium Member
the PC is not seeing the phone and phone is not seeing PC. All wires correctly plugged in... Will try again tonight.

4x Adventurer

When I plug my iPhone 5 in the phone asks me if I want to trust the computer. If I trust the computer it shows up just like a USB drive does under My computer. You should be able to pull them off from there.
Doesn't Mac use a different file system than Windows? Will the current versions of Windows read a Mac drive without ITunes as a translator? When I tried to plug Christine's phone into my computer the phone ask to trust the computer, then I got the same thing Mark is describing. Basically nothing. Not my phone so I didn't pursue the problem.

DirtyChemist

Doesn't Mac use a different file system than Windows? Will the current versions of Windows read a Mac drive without ITunes as a translator? When I tried to plug Christine's phone into my computer the phone ask to trust the computer, then I got the same thing Mark is describing. Basically nothing. Not my phone so I didn't pursue the problem.
I can pull photos off my work computer and it has Windows 7 on it which is probably what I have at home. Windows 8 or 10 might be different but if I tell my phone to trust my computer it shows up. If I tell it Don't Trust it won't show up. This is all I have.

Gizmatical Fuquad

Premium Member
Get a free Dropbox account and access your pics and files from just about any device with web access. I have it on my phone and tablet and all pictures are automagically uploaded to the cloud. You can set it up on a per-folder basis for private, shared, or public.