It's snowing, and I have to go dive Tahoe

Sauce

i didn't know you dove, why are you going to tahoe for a dive? Hope you have a dry suit!

kairo

Staff member
davidt said:
i didn't know you dove, why are you going to tahoe for a dive? Hope you have a dry suit!

Do you dive too? (Tahoe dive?) If so, we should go some time! My buddy and I are going to go next sunday for a single no decompression dive to about 60 feet or so. I WISH we had drysuits! I was wearing a 7mm wetsuit, then another 7mm shorty on top of it. My hands and feet still froze to death! I'm headed back out there tomorrow morning at 8am for two more dives.

Sauce

my cert. isn't current :( On the bright side, skiing was awesome today! The snow was nice and soft, lots of powder. Good luck tomorrow, I will have to renew my cert.

kairo

Staff member
that's a negative if you did the PADI dive system. their certs are good for life. they "recommend" you take a refresher course if you havent dived in a while.

Sauce

kairo said:
that's a negative if you did the PADI dive system. their certs are good for life. they "recommend" you take a refresher course if you havent dived in a while.
I did NAUI, I think their stuff is good for life too, but the last time I went diving I wasn't comfortable diving. I went down to cozumel and just wasn't comfortable with the dive, did a couple of surface dives, nothing deep, just felt out of my skin if you know what I mean. Guess I will have to take the refresher course, it will be a cheaper sport, esp. with the cost of gas.

kairo

Staff member
Just got back. It was so cold at 60+ feet it was painful. That second dive of the day never gets any easier I guess. Now I'm a PADI certified diver :D

Sauce

congrats, it is a great feeling to be certified. I love the feeling of defying mother nature and breathing underwater. Did you guys see anything interesting up there?