JHF 2-seater build

ScoobyMike

When you are ready to setup the suspension, how do you hold the frame high enough off the ground to allow you to fully cycle the suspension?

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Reworked the front crossmember. Waiting for DOM to show up, so I can link it and it will be a roller.

2014-03-18 06.13.57.jpg

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
When you are ready to setup the suspension, how do you hold the frame high enough off the ground to allow you to fully cycle the suspension?

Since this chassis has been built a fair amount of times, I can rely on pictures of previous builds to place my links and shocks to clear everything. Rear is easy, the front is a bit more difficult, with engine between upper links and shocks have to be far in enough to clear knuckles at 50* steering.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
I got pretty much nothing done on this in the past week. Got the mid driveshaft shortened and made a bracket for it. That's about it.

2014-03-29 16.01.07.jpg

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good to me. When do you think itll be up and going?

I only have a few hours to put into this. I'm hoping to be done by late summer though.

Last night, I started on the steering ram mount. Bent the tube, just need to add some gussets and the plates for the ram mount.

IMG_20140401_063352.jpgIMG_20140401_063314.jpg

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
The steering ram is in and it clears the winch mount at full stuff as if it was designed that way.

2014-04-05 07.47.28.jpg

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Progress has been very slow. But I did get my upper links and swung the front axle into it's place. Tonight, I will get the rear links mounted and start on the seat mounts.

IMG_20140422_061433.jpg

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Seats. Rear mounts are done, just have to figure out how to run the front support for them, as it wants to be in the same place as the Atlas shifter.

2014-04-24 06.23.50.jpg2014-04-24 06.27.39.jpg