JHF 2-seater build

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Minor set-back this weekend. Instead of making progress, I had to weld up caliper slider bolt holes and re-drill/re-tap them closer to the axle center line. Brackets I bought were made for 12.5" rotors and mine were 11.5".

Next on the list is to figure out where power steering reservoir, brake pedal, battery, fuel tank, fuel pump, line lock, cutting brakes, etc will go. At least they are all small enough and I have plenty of space to fit them.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Interior is what I hate doing the most for sure!
Only three panels. The side panels will have to have small horizontal pieces to fill in between the panel and the frame, but shouldn't be too hard.

2014-05-14 06.17.22.jpg

There's going to be another tube tying together both dash tubes just below the Atlas shifter.

Last edited:

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Made rear upper shock mounts. Just have to finish welding and it can be a roller.

carbonunit

Looking Good Dennis. Nice to see the build moving along. Makes me want to tear into the yota. But... No $$ = No Build. keep the updates coming.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing new, just mounted the shifter between the seats.

Gotta figure out placement for battery and gas tank and let the wiring fun begin.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Moved the shifter a bit forward to make space for cutting brakes right behind it. Shortened the cutting brake handles.
IMG_20140702_062657.jpg

Mounted the transmission and steering coolers.
IMG_20140702_062616.jpg
IMG_20140702_062632.jpg

floor ya

I'm not sure how I've not seen this thread yet. But i will have to pay more attention now.looks awesome.the flatty buggy this is based on has always been my favorite.and has been the base of my dream buggy i have built many times in my head.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
All taken apart now, to finish welding and paint the chassis. Once it starts to look like something again I'll take some pics.