JHF 2-seater build

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Ordered LNF turbo to "boost" the power a little. Pics to come as I tear the motor apart for installation.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Mocked up the turbo and manifold. Obviously some tubes will have to be moved, but overall, this will allow me to run the exhaust down and back, instead of firing right the side, and as anyone who wheeled with me will attest, it gets pretty loud with that small Flowmaster there.

IMG_20151211_203829.jpg

Dr. Smash welded in the fitting for the oil return line and repaired a couple small cracks from the years this motor lived in my single-seater with inadequate skid protection.

IMG_20151214_110719.jpg

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
New radiator. Should cool better once I add the turbo.

IMG_20160105_154827.jpg

Turbo is in place, now just to figure out oil, coolant, exhaust and intake to it.

IMG_20160106_062801.jpg

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Got the upper radiator brace in. Slowly picking things off the list. Seems like this will never be done, but I'm down to just fabricating intake, air filter and radiator hoses.

IMG_20160203_062112.jpg

Exhaust is welded, wrapped and shielded.

IMG_20160203_062149.jpg

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Slowly chipping away at the todo list.

Made this little elbow for the turbo charge pipe outlet. Used Vibrant Performance 90* elbow and had Tyler at Twisted Metal cut out the flange. Dr. Smash TIG'd it together, for a short tight elbow that will fit under the hood with room to spare.

IMG_20160211_062318.jpg

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Is that with water?? That thing is light, hope my lil Zuk comes in around that!
Front tires are about 1/3 filled with water and 8 gallons of fuel in the back. I do have aluminum lower links coming in next week, should be able to shed a few more pounds.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
For comparison, my bone stock 71 Jeepster without cage and top comes in at 2761lbs.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
New roof panel to replace the one that got trashed at last year's Supercrawl (and to make use of my new dimple dies).

IMG_20170504_063027.jpg

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
Those dimples holes will reduce the buzzing that some aluminum panels create.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk