Karma on the trail.

rusty_tlc

Sunday we were heading out to Lockwood from Bronco Canynon area. I was kind of creeping down the trail when a Jeep caught up with me. I found a wide spot to let him past and when he got along side he asked if I had any oil. I said sure and he asked if he could buy a couple quarts. I told him no but I'd give him a couple quarts.
I have never accepted money for helping someone out on the trail. And every time I get stuck or broke someone "happens along" with just the thing I need to get going again.

I think it's a Karma thing.

Connect

just yesterday me, scrub, and kairo were up on hunter lake trail, and there was two other groups up there, we were parked talking and they both drove by giving us the dirtiest of looks, not even a hello. We were kind of blocking one of the trails and the yota group kinda stopped, looking at us, so we moved, and they drove by not a thanks, hello, goodbye, nice to meet you, or nothing.

One group was a lifted yota and two stock wranglers, the other was two lifted samurais. We figured they were just jealous of our lifted cherokees :)

Last edited:

kairo

Staff member
Connect said:
just yesterday me, scrub, and kairo were up on hunter lake trail, and there was two other groups up there, we were parked talking and they both drove by giving us the dirtiest of looks, not even a hello. We were kind of blocking one of the trails and the yota group kinda stopped, looking at us, so we moved, and they drove by not a thanks, hello, goodbye, nice to meet you, or nothing.

One group was a lifted yota and two stock wranglers, the other was two lifted samurais. We figured they were just jealous of our lifted cherokees :)

That was really weird wasen't it? At least the bikers who lost their muffler were nice. . . This was after you turned back though

Connect

Yea, they drove by while i was sitting there, this of course after the guy on the quad with the pistol drove by. That trail gets alot of activity, few bikers and hikers as well.

kairo

Staff member
how big of a fullsize? f150 shortbed single cab? or F350 extended cab, longbed.

A "small" fullsize truck would make it up there. Probably not a big 350 or dodge 3500 or anything that size

rusty_tlc

kairo said:
how big of a fullsize? f150 shortbed single cab? or F350 extended cab, longbed.

A "small" fullsize truck would make it up there. Probably not a big 350 or dodge 3500 or anything that size
GMC Sierra 2500, long bed extended cab. The guy who told me I could make it was along when I drove it through High Rock Canyon.
I really should just stay home and work on my Cruiser instead of going out in the hills anyway. :(

RARECJ8

did u ladies get to hunter lake itself?

as for a fool size thru HLR-- that depends. I've taken my Chevy extra cab short bed thru no problems--but that was when all snow drifts were off the trail. With lingering drifts, its necessary to snake thru some tight turns in the trees west of big meadows. Dropping from the north end to Garson road is still likely blocked by huge drifts in the aspen trees-- we need to do a recon there to see wazz up. I've also driven a H1 and an Explorer thru w/ no issues at all.

mb

Connect

Yea that truck should have no problems especilly if its a limited slip(minus some scratches from trees) Watch the first mound going off the pavement you might lay it on the frame right there. It was just CRAZY washout the first 1/3 of the way. We took the Y to a field so we didn't go to the lake, but I don't foresee any snow drift problems.

I actually saw a 2500 crew cab chevy, with a little lift at the bottom of the trail, looked like they were having eng problems.

rusty_tlc

Connect said:
Yea that truck should have no problems especilly if its a limited slip(minus some scratches from trees) Watch the first mound going off the pavement you might lay it on the frame right there. It was just CRAZY washout the first 1/3 of the way. We took the Y to a field so we didn't go to the lake, but I don't foresee any snow drift problems.

I actually saw a 2500 crew cab chevy, with a little lift at the bottom of the trail, looked like they were having eng problems.
It's pretty well pinstriped already. :D I actually use the four wheel drive in my truck. No limited slip, but I do have an automatic.

Hey did I derail my own thread! Damn I'm a bast***. :D :D