Keeping it clean.

How do you clean up?

• I use the quarter wash. Let them take care of the mess.

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • I hose off in the street and clean the mess up after.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I hose off in the street and leave it.

• Why bother? Whats a little mud goning to hurt?

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • MUD!!! I don't get my SUV MUDDY!!!!!!

• Total voters

rusty_tlc

I try to keep my Cruiser as clean as I can. Lord knows it is rusty enough without leaving mud caked inside the fenders. The problem is if I wash in front of the house there is a pile of dirt in the street when I finish. So I usually go to the quarter wash and power off the big stuff.
To make sure I always have a supply of change I keep a mayo jar in the...., well if I told you where I'd have to kill you. ;) Anyway Every day I throw all the quarters from my pocket in the jar before I get undressed.

kairo

Staff member
good job??

:D

I do that as well. My neighbors have a fit when I hose my jeep off in the driveway, and they have a fit when i pull it into the yard to clean it. Just can't win

Sauce

I don't like to get the ol' jeep muddy, too much work to get it clean. When I do, I usually go down to the quarter wash and clean it up.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
I hate mud, it makes it very uncomfortable to work under the Jeep when all the sand falls on your face and in your eyes.

Sauce

Denis said:
I hate mud, it makes it very uncomfortable to work under the Jeep when all the sand falls on your face and in your eyes.
but it is fun every once and a while to go through a ginourmous puddle, you know you like it denis, don't deny it

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
3 seconds of fun, 3 hours of clean-up. :D yes, i do like splashing in mud, just not in my Jeep, especially since I only have a safari top on it.

rusty_tlc

Denis said:
This could be the only advantage to wearing glasses. I spent a long time cleaning up the undercarriage before I started my current project and I still take a dirt bath every time I work under the Cruiser. :mad:

4xyota

Ya that quarter machine is awsome but if I dont have any money I wash it in front of my house the only one that wines about the mud is my dad. You should see Izzy's driveway for awhile their I remember Izzy useing a shovel to get the mud up but his dad was the one that cared about it. :D

NevadaXJ

My Jeep still has mud on it from the trip to the petroglyphs.... how long ago was that??

I'm lazy when it comes to washing my vehicles...

DBXJ

my theroy is that when its muddy no one parks near it but when i clean it someone slams there door into it or somthin

rusty_tlc

My guess is I'm old enopugh to be "Dad" to to lot of you. My house is the biggest investment and I want to take care of it. If the neighborhood starts looking trashy my investment loses value. I wouldn't like my neighbors making the area look trashy so I won't do that to them either. I'll get off the soapbox now. :rolleyes:

Keeping cars clean is more than just apperance. as dennis pointed out working on a dirty car is a pain. There is also the maintainence issue. Caked mud will cause rust, rusted bolts are a pain to deal with, trust me on this one. :)

kairo

Staff member
I think we can all be thankfull that we live in the desert and not on the east coast

NevadaXJ

That's what is so nice about living out the boonies in a trailer. Our house is one of the nicer ones because we don't have a junkyard in the front yard....

xjmoser

kairo said:
I think we can all be thankfull that we live in the desert and not on the east coast

Mine came from Michigan :eek: I have alot of rusted parts underneath. I figure scrapin them on the rocks will get rid of it :D

My name is mud

I absolutely love the mud. That's one of the reasons I took the doors off my xj. you guys ever been in a "puddle" 20 feet long and 3.5feet deep that takes you five minutes to get to the other side??? A puddle that makes you go back and forth and every which way to try and gain an inch while chunks of glorious voluptuous mud patties are bring cought within the grasps of your mt's and flung in a 360 degree diameter times four, and so while you are grunting and concentrating (as if that would help) you are being bombarded by the before stated glorious mud patties, and depending on the consistency of the puddly you might also be lucky enough to be showered by the infamous hot dog flavored water.

Now I know alot of you guys have your doors on but my jeep has no doors and a sawed off hatch area. I get the pleasure of this year round whenever I can find the wonderful puddlys.

I know what y'all are thinking... Now you all want to be doorless as well as take a sawzall to the rearend of your Jalopys and play in the duck water with me. BUT I'll have you know only ONE can be the mud king. The last time my buddy thought he could do the dew he sucked alittle too much hot dog water up the ol intake and that made for a good ol bent rod.... so i suggest getting the 15 dollar Chris's do it your self snorkel from homedepo (not yet patend) before tackling something this fun...

As for the sand in the eye balls when working on the xj.. yes I hate that too.

NevadaXJ said:
I was referring to your Hunter Lake Trail experience..... :D

hey hey we allready evaluated that..
bad tcase that kept popping out of 4x4 , that is now replaced bought from DBXJ

and extremely bald tires now replaced with two really good tires..