Killer axles

rusty_tlc

deadandcompany said:
Yes, portals are always a good thing. :thumbsup:
I called these guys a few months ago. For the low low price of $3000 (+shipping) they will build a set of axles for an FJ40, narrowed and with the correct diff offset.
How much could shipping be? :crazy:

Sauce

who doesn't want those. It is my dream to have these under my rig eventually. My buddy had a land cruiser with portals on it. With 38's, he could drive over a 5 gallon bucket without hitting it :eek: Here are some pictures

attachment.php

attachment.php

and the thread
Pics of the finished cruiser - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

Sauce

nope, not for sale anymore, he sold it for around 12k I think, heck of a deal for what you get (Injected 350, atlas, portals, cage, 38's, etc.)

rusty_tlc

davidt said:
nope, not for sale anymore, he sold it for around 12k I think, heck of a deal for what you get (Injected 350, atlas, portals, cage, 38's, etc.)
I looked at it. It was a nice rig but I decided to just throw money at my old one. :D I'm kind of attached to it after 10 or 12 years.

rusty_tlc

Denis said:
when was it for sale? i would have bought it. :D
Last fall, one reason I didn't buy it. It would have been my DD and there was no top for it.
There might have been some rejection problem with a Jeep guy. Cruisers are funny that way. :D :D Of course the only thing left cruiser on that beast is the frame and body.

Sauce

rusty_tlc said:
Last fall, one reason I didn't buy it. It would have been my DD and there was no top for it.
There might have been some rejection problem with a Jeep guy. Cruisers are funny that way. :D :D Of course the only thing left cruiser on that beast is the frame and body.
The other problem with it (if you were going to drive it on the road) was it only went 50 mph because of the deep gearing in the axles. I wanted to buy it sooo bad, but it just wasn't in the cards...I needed something that could go faster.

rusty_tlc

One thing that put me off was the full hydraulic steering. If my engine dies I still want to be able to herd my beast. Even if it requires "armstrong" steering.