Local color film processing

sandcrab

I have some 30 year old 35mm color film that I would like have processed. Any suggestions or reccomendations for local labs to insure that I get my negatives back undamaged? I would like to have some done 8 x 10.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
I have some 30 year old 35mm color film that I would like have processed. Any suggestions or reccomendations for local labs to insure that I get my negatives back undamaged? I would like to have some done 8 x 10.
Gordon's is the only one I can think of.

Jehu

Are you talking about 35mm rolls that were exposed 30 years ago or 30 year old film that you used recently?

Also, was it refrigerated? (or hopefully frozen?)

Gordon's is your only option for local service. Fortunately, it's also a good option. They do good work.

Walmart uses Fuji Labs if you send it out with their mailers. That's a good option and it's inexpensive. NEVER use Walmart 1-hour processing.

Gizmatical Fuquad

Premium Member
Are you talking about 35mm rolls that were exposed 30 years ago or 30 year old film that you used recently?

Also, was it refrigerated? (or hopefully frozen?)

Gordon's is your only option for local service. Fortunately, it's also a good option. They do good work.

Walmart uses Fuji Labs if you send it out with their mailers. That's a good option and it's inexpensive. NEVER use Walmart 1-hour processing.

Yeah, 30 year old 35mm film might just be blank if it wasn't in a temperature controlled environment.

The film is in an unstable state until it's developed. I have had 35mm film produce blanks after just 6 months if not refrigerated.

YMMV

Jehu

No the film was developed and I have the negatives. I'll give Gordon's a try.

Okay... so you don't need film processing. You are just looking for enlargements from existing negatives. That's much easier. You have two choices: traditional chemistry based prints or scanning to digital and then printing. Gordon's does both very well.