• DISCLAIMER: RENO4x4 is in no way responsible for any firearms transactions made on and/or through this site. All transactions must be in accordance with all local, state and federal laws. By use of the site, buyer and seller specifically agree to hold RENO4x4 completely harmless for any damages from misuse, illegal transactions, etc.

Looking for 30-40 Krag ammo Cowboy loads

Looking for some Cowboy loads for my 1895 30-40 Krag ... Have a lot of other ammo could trade or just out right pay cash for right deal? Thank you in advance.....

WILLD420

Premium Member
There were some 240 grain lead bullets at Sportsmen’s in Reno last week, if you reload. Those and some components would get you there. Heck, you might be able to use black powder in that old museum piece...

There were some 240 grain lead bullets at Sportsmen’s in Reno last week, if you reload. Those and some components would get you there. Heck, you might be able to use black powder in that old museum piece...
I tried the Black powder and with primers now a days couldn't get a good mix, and I don't want to blow this rifle up to good of shape... That's why I will stick with Cowboy Loads just a great Carbine to shoot.

WILLD420

Premium Member
If you find someone to load them for you, or you decide to do it yourself, keep the pressures to the lower end. That bolt only has one locking lug but you probably knew that already. If I remember right, you can shoot the 110 grain .30 cal plinkers out of that gun loaded with some 3031 or like powder pretty cheaply and not use a lot of powder. Primers are the hard part to come by right now.

If you find someone to load them for you, or you decide to do it yourself, keep the pressures to the lower end. That bolt only has one locking lug but you probably knew that already. If I remember right, you can shoot the 110 grain .30 cal plinkers out of that gun loaded with some 3031 or like powder pretty cheaply and not use a lot of powder. Primers are the hard part to come by right now.
It is a Lever action Carbine