Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Comes To Reno

Dirty Harry

Staff member
Epic is the right word. The course is going to be unreal. Lucas is investing a lot of money into this track in hopes to make it a cornerstone of their series in the future. I hope that everyone can make it out to the race. If you have never witnessed short course racing in person it will blow your mind.

[YOUTUBE]8_jnh1tmDJg[/YOUTUBE]

ammowaster

Epic is the right word. The course is going to be unreal. Lucas is investing a lot of money into this track in hopes to make it a cornerstone of their series in the future. I hope that everyone can make it out to the race. If you have never witnessed short course racing in person it will blow your mind.
Well when you put it that way it is hard to resist. Are both days separate? Would probably only be able to come out on sunday.

Dirty Harry

Staff member
Well when you put it that way it is hard to resist. Are both days separate? Would probably only be able to come out on sunday.
You can purchase tickets for the entire weekend or just a single day. It is usually $50 for the weekend and $30 for a day at most races. If you can head out Friday too they do qualifying for Saturday. Often it is free on Friday and considerably less crowded if you just want to get a feel for what it is like.

Dirty Harry

Staff member
At a lot of past races they have had discounts at local shops in town. If I hear about any way to get discount tickets I will be certain to post up.

fernley1

Been to short course races in the past(CORR). These short course offroad races are the best, lots of action, roll overs, and crashes!!
Plus, maybe Northern Nevada will get a regional series going on this tracK.

Dirty Harry

Staff member

The Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series is gearing up for their inaugural appearance at the Wild West Motorsports Park, August 25th-26th in Sparks, NV for the Toyota Silver State Showdown Presented By Fox Shox. As each driver fights their way through the 15-event 2012 series towards the championship, Rounds 11 & 12 are sure to be a shoot out to the end.

"Norm Dianda with Q&D Construction and the Reno Sparks Convention and Visitor's Authority have been great partners in bringing the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series to Reno Sparks," said Alex Striler, Director of Sales and Marketing for Lucas Oil Off Road. "They've opened the door to many local businesses for us and introduced us to several enthusiastic potential event partners and local sponsors. We are really looking forward to bringing our races to the Reno Sparks area."

Dirty Harry

Staff member
If you "like" Lucas Oil Off Road Racing on Facebook they are giving away free passes for Friday's practice. For those of you who want to check it out and see if it is worth spending the money for the weekend this is a good way to get some exposure to short course racing.