Member Galleries

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
What would you think if instead of 10Mb web-space you'd get a comparable size personal Gallery (look at JeepForum, paying members have a Gallery link below their names). The software is by vBadvanced, which I was already looking into before I saw JeepForum using it. FTP space is a manual process to set up and takes my time.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Plus, it doesn't look like anyone is using their space to actually run a site, rather just a picture storage space.

kairo

Staff member
Could we make it an optional thing? I'd much rather have the ability to use the webspace than simply a dedicated picture gallery. I'm not running a site right now, but that doesnt mean I never will :)

Scrub

I Think That having the option would be good, like start it out with a Picture Gallery and if that person wants the Webspace instead change it over then. But I Would probably use the Picture Gallery More than a Webpage, As long as Outside linking to the Pictures is allowed.

Scrub

hrm.....i uploaded 3 images this morning and recieved the emails saying they were approved but......

http://www.reno4x4.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=56 said:
Scrub, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

and i cant find the pics....

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Scrub said:
hrm.....i uploaded 3 images this morning and recieved the emails saying they were approved but......

and i cant find the pics....

i deleted them. they got corrupted. now, you can upload without waiting for permissions.