Metal Shop Errection

GloNDark

That turned out really nice. How tall are your doors and what building manufacturer did you end up going with?
Doors are 10' tall by 12' wide. Building size is 30' x 40' with 12 foot eves and the manufacturer is Simpson Steel Buildings. They were really great to work with and from ordering to delivery took about 5 weeks total. The eves, wainscoting and rain gutters were all done for pure aesthetics since we can see it from every room in our house. But it sure made it look great.

When I ordered it I just went with the tallest regular garage door I could fit and it's way overkill for my need but it is awesome to not have to worry about headroom.

maxamillion2345

Getting estimates from $45/sq ft to $80. Did get one for $35 but theyre not permitted to work in my county. Pretty frustrating.

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
Getting estimates from $45/sq ft to $80. Did get one for $35 but theyre not permitted to work in my county. Pretty frustrating.
Are you looking at a steel building or stick built? That seems a like a lot for a shop. I was almost thinking about doing a 50X100 this summer but not if it's that much

maxamillion2345

Who is not permitted?
If you are owner/builder you can hire whoever you want. That is what I did for my garage.
Sonoma Construction out of Winnemucca. They did my dads shop a few years back. I don’t understand enough about the process I guess...

maxamillion2345

Are you looking at a steel building or stick built? That seems a like a lot for a shop. I was almost thinking about doing a 50X100 this summer but not if it's that much
Steel building, nothing fancy at all. And not at my current place. Working on some land out in meth central.

maxamillion2345

I was wanting a 40x50 figured it was pretty doable for 60k but even 70 isn’t unreasonable but pushing into 90 is ridiculous. And I’d be willing to do something a little smaller but not at those prices.

zadar

I don’t understand enough about the process I guess...
Here in Reno and I would guess NV owner can be builder or what you would call general contractor. Meaning you can hire who ever you want to do job for you, they don't have to be licensed. You are responsible for everything and have to pass all inspections.
At least that is the way for stick build and how I built my garage. Maybe steel is different.

caryt

I've been getting quotes for about $38k for a steel building no labor but delivered.

That's 50x60 16' walls and 3/12 pitch.

My bud is a general and priced up a wood framed shop inc roofing 30year comp, no labor came to $41148 I will go this way as I HATE metal buildings..have a 5000' now

Concrete for the slab 6" 3000psi plus footings and 24'x50 entry is about $13k 91 yrds

Haven't priced or decided on going with #6 rebar 10" OC or just using fiberglass like my currant shop has...with no cracks anywhere.

Waiting on Labor price for grading and forming finishing ect. Shop labor I'll do with friends help and lots of Beer and steaks $$$$.

Hoping to get it build for just under 100k, that includes 1ea 12x14' doors, 2ea 10x12'and 1ea man door. About $5k

I'll spray foam the interior 1" thick closed cell that's about $9k, will have to paint with Fire stop. $5-9k

Few skylights and a roof exhaust fan $5k

Elect 100amp service wired throughout, water and septic ran to shop etc.

Crane costs for setting trusses..TBD. Another bud had a man lift I can use that will help.

RARECJ8

Premium Member
any reason not to add a back roll up door for pull thru convenience? My next shop will for sure have that. Looks great!