Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT

TahoeTJ

Is anyone local running these yet? I’d love to know if anyone drove in the last snowstorm using them and how they perform in the snow. Most reviews I’ve seen on YouTube or other forums are from people that live in the south and will never need the 3PMSF rating.

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
I'm curious about this as well. I've got maxxis razors that are louder than i'd like and I don't think they will be as good in the snow as this tire or a KM3

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
I just ordered some of the baja bosses. I'm waiting for new TPMS sensors since jeep decided to change them in june and I want to keep my stock wheels and tires with those sensors.

TahoeTJ

I just ordered some of the baja bosses. I'm waiting for new TPMS sensors since jeep decided to change them in june and I want to keep my stock wheels and tires with those sensors.
Ordered in Nov, so when do you expect to receive them? They were 6 weeks out the last time I considered buying them. Then I replaced my brakes, wheel hubs, rear axle shafts and bought a bunch of tools instead

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
Ordered in Nov, so when do you expect to receive them? They were 6 weeks out the last time I considered buying them. Then I replaced my brakes, wheel hubs, rear axle shafts and bought a bunch of tools instead
I actually had them for a few weeks now but it took a while to get tire sensors since jeep changed them in june. I wanted to keep the old ones in the stock tires. So mine are the Baja Boss A/T because I planned on trips between here and Oregon and thought the extreme snow rating might do better on the road. I may have one or two that needs to be rebalanced because they vibrate more than the stock 33" falken M/T's that came on my jeep. But so far they are WAY quieter than the Maxxis Razr M/T's I had before. I suspect they'll probably do well enough in dry rocks but they look like they'll be complete shit in anything muddy but probably better than BFG A/T's. I hardly have any miles though as my jeep is more of a weeknd ride. Danny at 4 wheel parts in Sparks got them for me. There's some good people in that store still that I've been friends with for a long time so pretty much anyone there I would say could help.

TahoeTJ

I got mine installed by 4WheelParts on Tuesday and have taken it on some slush and hard-packed snow. This morning the mountain roads were a complete sheet of ice and they did outstandingly well. I took it up a pretty steep road in 2wd, and I used 4H in 1st to go downhill. The tires never slipped and I only fishtailed once on purpose. I slammed on my brakes to do a controlled test stop and sliding was minimal. The real test will be when we get 1.5 feet of Sierra Cement and the plow doesn't come until noon. So far they look badass and do well in real world driving conditions.

Attachments

• IMG_2570.jpg
    IMG_2570.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2571.jpg
    IMG_2571.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2519.jpg
    IMG_2519.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 5

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
I'm glad you got to test them in ice. I only had a little snow in VC I was on and I think its been a while since I've been in any because it started to concern me a bit. I definitely like how quiet they are too. I'm hoping they do well in the deeper stuff as they have that wide spacing on the outer edge that might help some. Did you go with 35's or 37's?