Moab

Spence621

After Graduation, I'm going to Moab for a few days. Anyone have any experience there? If so, can you give me some pointers like what to bring, what to expect etc. Also, my rig isn't built too much, so I need to know what the eaier trails are. I'm not looking for the big steps or the hot tubs, just some mild-moderate wheeling with some friends. Thanks!:p

Shinobi

Staff member

Spence621

Ive been going to Moab the past 2 years and it is a blast, your rig should be able to do majority of the trails there such as poison spider, fins and things, Gemini bridges, or top of the world.

I will be going again this summer in june to meet up with other Grand Cherokee :D

Here are some pics from the past 2 years .
http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showth...2009-Moab-(lots-of-pics)?highlight=grand+slam
http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showthread.php/41802-Hello-From-Moab?highlight=grand+slam

So is that "able to do them" without any damage? haha

GO4X4IT

Yea, its got a Cummins
Staff member
If you know what you're doing, you can do 70% of the trails in Moab with a stock/budget boost. The only pay off for top of the world, is the epic view at the end. The rest is just a mundane bumpy ride up a hill.. kinda like any trail around here. You could easily do hells revenge and poison spider. Fins N Things is a good "cherry popper" for those who want to familiarise themselves to slickrock. The characteristics of slickrock are like nothing else. You'll have more grip and go more places than you would ever think were possible.

Spence621

If you know what you're doing, you can do 70% of the trails in Moab with a stock/budget boost. The only pay off for top of the world, is the epic view at the end. The rest is just a mundane bumpy ride up a hill.. kinda like any trail around here. You could easily do hells revenge and poison spider. Fins N Things is a good "cherry popper" for those who want to familiarise themselves to slickrock. The characteristics of slickrock are like nothing else. You'll have more grip and go more places than you would ever think were possible.
Is hell's revenge the one with the long wedge descent on some of the videos in the previous link? That looks ridiculous! And so you know, I'm only on 28's, AT's, but still a bit short for clearance.

Stebel

been to moab many times.
You can easily do Hells Revenge...hells gate, escalator and all hot tubs are optional on that trail.
Poison spyder, fins'n'things, clif hanger, Gold bar rim, seven mile, steel bender, top of the world,Behind the rocks, porcupine...are all doable in your rig

I dont know where do you plan to stay. If you are on a budget i suggest Slick rock campground. Rent one of the cabins there. I stayed there few times. Clean nice campground.
Motel 8 is also good place...they have big parking lot and even let work on you rig if something goes wrong.

maxamillion2345

Josh (sierrahsky) and I are headed to Moab for a week tomorrow. I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures, videos, and a trip report when we return.

maxamillion2345

From what I hear it's so named because when traveled back in the day on horses, their metal shoes would slide on the rocks.

That's fine Bitosin :D were coming back next friday

Spence621

I was terrified of doing that obstacle at first but with a good spotter it is easy as hell, going down to the gate is the scary part. I was literally standing inside my jeep. lol
It would be even scarier with a lift as tall as yours, with the high center of gravity and everything haha. So it's not so much about clearance?