Moab

RockRunner02

I have a center Differential locker, factory, and my tread is still really good, so hopefully I'll be okay.

FYI: The center diff lock locks the front and rear t-case outputs together so that equal torque is distributed. Basically when you push the center diff lock button it makes it like every other 4 wheel drive. When its not engaged the torque follows the easiest path. If the front is bound up then the rear will get most all of the power and so on... That is one of the mall crawler aspect of the gen3 runners.

Spence621

FYI: The center diff lock locks the front and rear t-case outputs together so that equal torque is distributed. Basically when you push the center diff lock button it makes it like every other 4 wheel drive. When its not engaged the torque follows the easiest path. If the front is bound up then the rear will get most all of the power and so on... That is one of the mall crawler aspect of the gen3 runners.
So it was just a selling point, not a real, functional feature? Bummer haha

RockRunner02

So it was just a selling point, not a real, functional feature? Bummer haha

Oh no it is a real functional feature. Without it our t-cases would be garbage. Its like having a selectable locker in your axle but its even more important because its in the t-case.

WILLD420

Premium Member
That center diff lock allows you to drive around in 4x4 in all road conditions without binding things up until you lock it.

We love ours on the wife's rig, it allows driving in 4x4 when the roads are a mix of dry and icy patches without having to worry. As long as you lock it up for off road it's a good system. The traction control system and the downhill assist on the yota's are very capable systems and will allow you to walk up things that rigs without them need lockers to get up.

I've had hers on trails that our 2wd quads had trouble negotiating. As long as you take it easy and let the system do it's job it works pretty amazing for a grocery getter on street tires.

Bitosin

Any member who returns from Moab (or Rubicon ) without posting numerous pics and a trip report shall be banned and sentenced to 2 weeks of driving around Meadowood Mall.

(I think I saw that in the Forum rules someplace !)

maxamillion2345

I've got literally 17 gigs of video from the go pro to sort through and edit, and I'm terrible at editing. I'm uploading a quick clip I made to youtube right now. Then I've got to get with Josh for his pics.

Last edited:

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
Any member who returns from Moab (or Rubicon ) without posting numerous pics and a trip report shall be banned and sentenced to 2 weeks of driving around Meadowood Mall.

(I think I saw that in the Forum rules someplace !)

that wouldn't be much different than what they already do anyways....

sierrahsky

Max and I just got back and it was a hell of a time. He got some awesome video for those of you who like to crawl, and some great pictures were taking by every one! I cant wait to trade pics !

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
I'm just starting out with Final Cut Pro, like this morning was the first time I'd ever used it so... it's taking me a while to figure out how to do anything.

holy crap you droped some coin to get that software! I tried messing with the final cut express and it still had me stumped, even the newer Imovie was confusin to me

maxamillion2345

holy crap you droped some coin to get that software! I tried messing with the final cut express and it still had me stumped, even the newer Imovie was confusin to me

I'll just say I didn't and leave it at that...

It is very complicated though haha, I had to watch about three tutorials to figure out how to make that first video.

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
I'll just say I didn't and leave it at that...

It is very complicated though haha, I had to watch about three tutorials to figure out how to make that first video.

lol I figured that...
I need to look harder, I'm learning iMovie before I move on haha way to many buttons and stuff on FC express.

Bitosin

I tried messing with the final cut express and it still had me stumped, even the newer Imovie was confusin to me

Maybe if the tutorials were taught by girls dancing on poles you could learn it easier !!! LOL (Just had to give you a hard time !)