Moderators

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
one of the reasons i chose this forum software, was a way better group management. it would enable me to grant special rights to a group of users, vs. going through individual user records.

moderator permissions: we've tried this on the old board and there didn't seem much to moderate. i am thinking, at this point, it would be a better idea to allow "paid members" some mod. priveledges (move/lock threads). and then we can address the issue of moderators again once the board grows a little bigger.

what are all your ideas... post up!

xjmoser

I dont think thats a good Idea.

I think it needs to go along with time of membership (2months or more) and post count.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
well, just an idea. i'm on the board pretty much every day, so i keep an eye on things needing moderation. but with 40 members and a few new posts a day, there's little need to moderate.

xjmoser

Denis said:
well, just an idea. i'm on the board pretty much every day, so i keep an eye on things needing moderation. but with 40 members and a few new posts a day, there's little need to moderate.

I agree with you there is no need for moderater at this point. I was just saying if you were going to do it.

PizzaJeep

interesting problem... i agree tho.. its gunna be a while before we have enough to moderate, but when the time comes, i agree with tom.. it should be based on longevitiy and status among everyone... it shouldnt be to where any flubbering idiot (like myself) could become a member and then start moderating things as he likes.. id feel much comfortable with a residency or longevity prerequisite

Scrub

Yea i pretty much agree with what was said, but i do think that maybe there should be a few people around (other than just yourself and Nick) that can maybe move topics or whatever, just to keep things moving along when you two are not around.....that just my thoughts on it.

-Matt-

JOE THE TOE

THANK YOU GUYS, I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO BE THE MOD-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST KIDDING........ :hyper: :hyper: :eek:

kairo

Staff member
I think maybe one more universal mod would work well. Like you guys have stated previously, there's not a whole lot to moderate. Since the board's conception, I've moved/locked maybe 4 threads (and unlocked one due to requests). And I think we may have banned two users at most. Denis and I are on most of the day, but another user to fill in where we aren't around (i'm typing this from a hotel room in pennsylvania for example :)) woulden't be bad.

Just my .02. I have my thoughts on who it should be too, but I'll leave that to a PM

Sauce

kairo said:
I think maybe one more universal mod would work well. Like you guys have stated previously, there's not a whole lot to moderate. Since the board's conception, I've moved/locked maybe 4 threads (and unlocked one due to requests). And I think we may have banned two users at most. Denis and I are on most of the day, but another user to fill in where we aren't around (i'm typing this from a hotel room in pennsylvania for example :)) woulden't be bad.

Just my .02. I have my thoughts on who it should be too, but I'll leave that to a PM
who did you ban???

NevadaXJ

All my posts are made by a guy in India. Much cheaper that way, and frees up my time.... :fro:

I like Nick's idea, with one or two universal mods to roam. it doesn't even really need to be broadcast that they are out there.... you just never know when one is needed.

Scrub

So thats why some of your post's are so hard to understand :yup:

Yea i Also agree that it would be good to have one person to do that.

-Matt-