moon rocks

CATALYST

A lot of people will be at the moon rocks this Memorial Day :yup: weekend. Actually I will be out there Wed. and Thur. As I have to work on the weekends but I fully plan on being there Sat.,and Sun. night as well as Monday day .......possibly.I have some friends that will be filming out there.If anyone has seen the Haulin or Crawlin DVD's? R.P. Films will be there filming Haulin or Crawlin 3. anyone who wants to come on out .It should be a great time. :eek:

Summitgirl

KYOTA

my group plans on being at Moonrocks but would also like to run Bronco Canyon. Any help on directions would be great. We ran it 2 years ago but cant remember how to get there (too many y's in da road)

KYOTA

Our group will be at Moonrocks Saturday and camp @ Pyramid lake, anyone want to meet up with us and lead us (4-5 rigs) out to Bronco Canyon on Sunday?

CATALYST

about bronco canyon

I have to work on Sunday.I assume you guys are going in through Lockwood?I've been there through Virginia city and through Lockwood.If you got by lockwood you'll go by the dump and onto TRW land I thought you had to get TRW's permission to access this way?????

xjmoser

If you go out the trw road I guess permission would be required.

You can go out farther up the road. It takes a little longer but I didnt mind the drive.

Sauce

went out to moonrocks, lots of built rigs out there. Saw two rollovers. It was nice to see that the 4x4 community is stepping up and picking up after themselves. There was no trash and spills were cleaned up immediately. If you want to see some sick rigs, head out. It isn't very often that we have the pirates of the rubicon in town!

KYOTA

We skipped Moonrocks and did Bronco Saturday and Sunday and went up the backside of the Rubicon Sunday and Monday up to Miller lake.

fsj dale

Did you go up to Buck lake rather than Miller lake? I was there on Tues and I did'nt see any tracks that went too far past the staging area, but I saw some swb tracks that went up the hill to buck lake and made it quite some way through the snow. The reason I ask is because this person made it almost all the way to the top but only after creating 10'' ruts in the trail where it was muddy or he slipped off the considerable sized snow banks,plus tearing the bark off live trees either with his rig or the winch cable (I could'nt tell which) then 10 feet short of where he turned around he cut live trees down to put under his tires for traction! Particularly heinous because he could have easily backed down 20 feet to a turnaround spot. But the point is moot because he never should have fudged up the trail that bad to gt that far anyway. I like going as far as I can, then a little farther but to damage the trail like that in such a sensitive area so close to being restricted or shut down is pretty shortsighted, probably crossing over into hooligan territory. Of course I'm not saying it was you, I was wondering if you saw anything like that. Also tell me if maybe I misread the situation. I'm not a tracker or hunter although my grandfather was a member of the Fukarwee tribe.

Last edited:

KYOTA

we went up as far as the big long muddy water hole that has the logs lying next to it and headed back. didnt see any new damage to the trees but saw a lot of old cable scars on trees. My first time there so I may have Buck and Miller confused ??? everything we wheeled was buried in snow so no way possible to tear into the trail. we passed a group of about 6-7 well built rigs going up Monday morning as we were coming down as well as a few big jeeps on 40's Sunday evening. Sure is beautiful country out there I cant wait to go back this summer and see all of it.

Last edited: