Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Not sure yet?

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Rather than talk about, lets do it. I will set a date at my discretion and will only change it if no one can show up. It's not that huge of an area, even two people can make a difference.

October 1st. :yup: Get you trash bags ready!

10:00 am there or 9:30 at Albertsons on Pyramid

Last edited:

xjmoser

Im sure it will be the same 4 people that show up for the trail runs...

Dont make it to early maybe some other members will show up.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
let's say, leave Albertsons on Pyramid at 9:30am or at Moonrocks at 10:00am (if you take the back way in)

stv in bfe

10 am is kool. hey joey, if you read this you gonna be there or are you going to fordyce? i need your uncles phone #

Scrub

I've never been to Moonrocks so i would like to go and Cleanup is allways a good thing so count me in. :yup:

kairo

Staff member
I really want to go as well. We plannin on doing some wheeling after the cleen up? I'll probably end up keeping my jeep (again) so it'll give me another chance to thrash it a bit.

Oct1 = saturday??

86xjfor8

Is it ok to bring kids up and will my stock xj make it up there if so then count me in it will give me a chance to meet some of you guys in person also

Fish Sticks

I'll be fishing the Sacramento River on October 1st, but I'm going to do the Truckee River cleanup this saturday (morning) at Mayberry Park.

kairo

Staff member
86xjfor8 said:
Is it ok to bring kids up and will my stock xj make it up there if so then count me in it will give me a chance to meet some of you guys in person also

yep and yep. "Moon rocks" isnt a trail at all, its a pile of rocks that people crash their buggys and 4x4s on. A fairly large pile of rocks.

It is responsible for probably 90% of the problems on my jeep :yup:

kairo

Staff member
cutthroat said:
I'll be fishing the Sacramento River on October 1st, but I'm going to do the Truckee River cleanup this saturday (morning) at Mayberry Park.

you fly fish by any chance?

86xjfor8

kairo said:
yep and yep. "Moon rocks" isnt a trail at all, its a pile of rocks that people crash their buggys and 4x4s on. A fairly large pile of rocks.

It is responsible for probably 90% of the problems on my jeep :yup:
Cool then count me in I will have to meet up with the guys at albertsons since I have never been there before

EricsXJ

I'll be there.

Denis, or anyone that has been there recently: Are there any big items, such as tires, pallets, etc? I ask because I can bring my small utility trailer to haul trash. However if there is a lot and we fill it, I might ask for people to donate a buck or two to help pay for disposal. If we don't need it thats great also - that means there isn't that much trash.

86xjfor8 - From Stead it's quicker to go in the back way from Lemmon Valley. If you want to go with me, thats the way I'll be going. Stock jeep perfectly fine... its just a dirt road.

86xjfor8

EricsXJ said:
I'll be there.

86xjfor8 - From Stead it's quicker to go in the back way from Lemmon Valley. If you want to go with me, thats the way I'll be going. Stock jeep perfectly fine... its just a dirt road.
That sounds like a good plan let me know a time and where you want to meet and I will be there

Last edited:

Samco Fab

It did not look like there was any big trash out there you would need a trailer for, mostly beer bottles and cans and plastic trash you could bag and carry in your rig.

JOE THE TOE

Sorry, I won't be there, going to american river for some rafting.....May'be next time. :( P.S. Say HI to the crack-line for me!! :D

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
kairo said:
I used to a TON when I lived in seattle. Only gone a couple times here in Reno. floated the madison river in montana, fished a bunch of streams in pennsylvania as well as a couple rivers in Wyoming. We oughta go hit up the truckee sometime

:eek:t: