More aggressive Dana 60/70 powr-lok clutches.

WILLD420

Premium Member
Rebuilding a dana 80 powr-lok. Bought new clutches for it. Heard they were very close to a 60/70 powr-lok, but they have different part numbers and the kit costs quite a bit more. Thought I would compare them before install with some leftovers from my 70 rebuild.

The 80 pack is identical in every way, except more clutches and they are serrated steel plates rather than clutch type material. There are also more clutches in the 80 stack.

Next time I do a 60 or 70 powr-lok, I'm definitely using these. Much better design and should have much more grip, as well as tougher when abused.PXL_20210210_023315858.jpg

DirtyChemist

Premium Member
With more grip do you expect it to engage more frequently, or are you thinking it will just be stronger overall when engaged?

WILLD420

Premium Member
Stronger overall and more grip, along with less worry about burning the clutch material off the plates if you have to hammer down hard on it. The plates that have the paper clutch like material on it are really dirty on the oil. They tend to delaminate if abused but in a stock application, driven nicely, they do pretty well, just dirty up the oil more.