Mountain Bikes

Scrub

Nice, I looked at buying one of those i think exactly like that, earlier this year and i loved the way it rode, but i just dident have the money at the time, but this summer i would like to buy a new bike then i'd go riding but cant do till then.

-Matt-

Sauce

i ride a little bit, I don't have a nice bike like yours, but it gets me around. look me up if you want to go out some time

NevadaXJ

I have a 2001 Next Wal*Mart cheapie....

It's fun to beat up on, and it has dual shocks.... I wouldn't mind messing around at moonrocks with it....

kairo

Staff member
My brother (Knight) is really into mountain bikes with his friend. They've been talking about going up to moonrocks for a while

Knight

i would love to go, i was up there with my brother and it looked like a fun place to bike, sold the CJ5 to day so new bike is coming soon :D

Sauce

you sold the brown cj? did you guys get what you want out of it? Does that mean you are going to give me the 300?

Knight

I was out looking at a new mt bike to day and i've narrowed it down to two, either the specialized big hit or the kona scrap. any suggestions on which one is better? i'm gonna be doing mainly singler track and some dirt jumping.

Knight

Well its now between either specialized big hit or haro extreme x1. Any one own either of those? if so how do you like it

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
i'd pick Haro, but with Specialized you can't go wrong either. go ride both and pick one.

Knight

going to ride the haro tomorrow, i've read reviews on both and they both sound pretty good. Only bad thing i've heard about the haro is that the front fork isn't all that great, but with the 200-300 bucks i save i could buy a better one

Knight

Well i just went down to Bicycle Bananas and bought a Haro Extreme X2. Retails for 1100, got mine for 751 shiped :D. unfortunaly its coming from New Jersey so its gonna take a few days to get here. if your lookin for some one to do bike work, i would say give them a call or Great Basin Bikes. Both are really nice and friendly

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
let's go riding :D that's my only off-road option these days. :rolleyes:

maybe I'll do Bronco Canyon, if someone agrees to carry my bike in and out.

Knight

finally got around to getting pics of my 'new' bike. just took it out today in the virginia range with my friend. heres some pics
Hiking up to the starting point
biking002.jpg

Starting off
biking003.jpg

Quarter mile into the trail my friend gets a flat :rolleyes:
biking014.jpg

biking013.jpg

Bike pic
biking021.jpg

4xyota

Ya I ride, my one friend just got a Kona stuff and he broke his cauler bone the second time rideing it {he was doing a seven pack}so I get to ride that every here and there,then my other friend got a Kona scrap and I am going to buy a scrap,stuff,or cowan but I am not shure yet depends on how much money I get together. But when you guy's go rideing I will go to, and some of those specialize bike are realy good to my friend is sposord by them. so the next time you go rideing hit me up cuz i will go, to maybe even a little street rideing in reno:D

Knight

when i was picking out my bike i loved the scrap and was about to buy it. Great thing about it is you can do flat land stuff with it to. But if your looking for full suspension the specialized big hit is a good bike for a lower price. You may wana check out Banana bicycle shop for a good deal. i got mine for 750 ship last years model, msrp is around 1100