Mounting 40" tires. Where to get them done?

Brizzman

Premium Member
I have some used 39.5" Pitbull Rockers that I need to get mounted on my 17" rims. Where is the best or cheapest place that can and will do it?
I usually go to the place on 7th street in Sun Valley, but they can't do that big of tires on their machines.

Who in town can mount them?

DirtyChemist

Premium Member
Trent fab?
Maybe a truck stop?
Dennis might.
Where is it Jessy Haines works now??? He probably does it himself but might know.
I’m actually interested to find out (reason for posting) for future reference.

I know Aired Down (YouTube channel) is in Reno and had 43s mounted but he didn’t say where. He might be helpful if no one here gets back.

I mounted some really used (read NOT ROADWORTHY) MT/Rs on weld on beadlocks with pry bars. It wasn’t fun. It IS doable with zero experience.

Brizzman

Premium Member
I have tire irons and have done it myself with some tires, but I wasn't able to get the tires off the last set I tried by myself. Those were the stock size tires on my Jeep WK. Honestly it's just more work than I feel like doing myself. I would also hate to damage the expensive and hard to find 39.5" tires.

If I don't hear from anyone where they get theirs done, I'll guess call a few places tomorrow.

Brizzman

Premium Member
I took them to Zadar and had him mount them for me. He has a nice shop setup and got them done without too much trouble.

Les Schwab said they could do them, but it might cost as much as $175 for 2 of them. They couldn't say for sure until they were done because they charge by the hour. Zadar did it for $20 each. (y)

maxamillion2345

Thats unreal. Les schwab in spanish springs charged me $10 to mount a 40 13.5 17 nitto on a 17x8 steel wheel. No balance. And they had it done in a couple minutes. Lame... Glad you got it sorted though.

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
I took them to Zadar and had him mount them for me. He has a nice shop setup and got them done without too much trouble.

Les Schwab said they could do them, but it might cost as much as $175 for 2 of them. They couldn't say for sure until they were done because they charge by the hour. Zadar did it for $20 each. (y)
That sounds like the price they quote when they don't want to mess with it.