My Rally Challenger

troyintahoe

Just started the build on my Rally challenger. It's getting a 40 over big block 383 with aluminum heads. Heads and pisons just arrived. Preping it for paint now. I am planning to have it on the road this spring.

Here are some before pics and here is the individual numbers breakdown on the car. . Troy

VIN READS AS FOLLOWS
JH23:
Dodge Challenger
High
2 Door Hardtop
G4B: 318 150HP(net) or 170HP(net) 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
172350: Sequence number
E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D34: Light Duty Automatic Transmission
FE5: Bright Red Exterior Color
A6X9: Trim - Basic, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black
000: Full Door Panels
A19: Build Date: October 19
287807: Order number
V1X: Full Vinyl Top, Black
U: USA Specifications
A57: 72-74 Rallye Package
B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
C16: Console w/Woodgrain Panel
C56: Bucket Seats
G11: Tinted Glass (all)
G55: Outside LH Remote Painted Racing Mirror
G65: Outside RH Manual Painted Racing Mirror
G75: Dual Painted Racing Mirrors
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
J25: 3 Speed Wipers
J54: Sport Hood
M08: Simulated Louvers
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M26: Wheel Lip Moldings
N76: Coolant recovery system
N85: Tachometer
N95: Emissions Control
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V6X: Longitudinal Stripes, Black
26: 26in Radiator

Attachments

Last edited:

troyintahoe

This will be my first E body Mopar. Cuda is my favorite with the Challenger running a close second.
I have owned, a 69 DART 340, 69 Superbee HP 440, and a 73 Roadrunner.

Last edited:

Nevadastars

This will be my first E body Mopar. Cuda is my favorite with the Challenger running a close second.
I have owned, a 69 DART 340, and a 69 Superbee HP 440.
Nice project Troy. I remember a 73(?) Charger you had the day I picked up that little Geo Tracker from you, the one with the blown 1.6 16valve. I think B body rears are a bit narrower than E bodies, and there is a guy on CL selling one with a 4:10 Sure Grip in it for $250...........great price, if he still has it. http://reno.craigslist.org/pts/2722202146.html

I've had my share of Mopes, including the most recent Vitamin C orange 70 GTX that ran mid 12s with a 440 six barrel, hence my email addy, [email protected] That car is now in Sweden. :(
Also had a 69 Roadrunner 383 4spd bucket seat car as well as a 71 Demon 340 4spd. Miss them all.

troyintahoe

Challenger

That was a 73 Roadrunner. I sold it to fund the Challenger build. Good to hear from you again. Here is a pic of the Roadrunner. Troy

Attachments

Last edited:

Nevadastars

That was a 73 Roadrunner. I sold it to fund the Challenger build. Good to hear from you again. Troy
Ahh, after 1970, they all looked the same to me. I was never into the "coke bottle" bodies as some call them. But they sure handle and ride better than pre-71's.

Don

troyintahoe

Challenger

Body work is almost finished. Drivers side needed the most work. Should be headed for paint soon. My AMD Rally hood should be here any day. Ordering more parts.

Headliner, carpet kit, Radiator, etc. Troy 01-29-2012

Attachments

Last edited:

troyintahoe

Challenger

It was originally from San Jose.

I ordered an AMD reproduction hood and inserts. Hood was $700 and still had four bad areas that needed work, even brand new from AMD.

Hood is done, deck lid is done. Seal and block sanding next. After that the car comes completely apart again for paint. Spraying EVERYTHING. One more crappy pic from today.....Troy

Attachments