My Tranny is Constipated......

Reno Computer Repair

renocomputerrepair.com
Staff member
And I did not eat some funny food....

The damn thing is slipping in and at randomly, mostly at lower speeds.
I need some ideas where to take it, since aamco's last rebuild only lasted 18 months -total 2,000.00 waste! :(

So here is the deal:
Post me some names & places that you have dealt with that can fix it right.
I want a place that gives better than a 12k - 12 month warranty. :eek:

Someplace that believes in bringing a cannon to a gunfight not some :gapteeth: or a ghetto:fro:fabulous company.

throttleboy

levrett on 4th,levco(levrett's son) on bergin wy or D&D transmission on mill i have delt with all these guys,honest and do good work!! i had D&D build the tranny for my crawler 2yrs ago and no problems.its not a DD but i'd say it gets abused worse than your DD ever would!! all these guys cost more but as you found out you get what you pay for ;) !!

Sauce

just go down to j-yard and get a used tranny, way cheaper than any of those options. DBXJ will do it for you for a good price, we did mine and I haven't had any problems. Total cost for a used tranny and t-case, $200...

DBXJ

first flush the tranny and check for any metal in there if there isnt probly just a loose band i'd take it to A-1 they'll tighten them for around 100$

Last edited:

Connect

I dunno but it seems to me that he would not be the type of guy who would actually flush the tranny, I think he'd rather pay someone to check it all out :)

Reno Computer Repair

renocomputerrepair.com
Staff member
The last time I flushed a tranny was on my Mazda....Oh what fun THAT was!
Took all the bolts off the pan after I thought everything was drained. Fought with the pan for five minutes and BINGO :eek: The pan came off and about two quarts of Extremely warm transmission fluid ALL over my chest :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!!

86xjfor8

throttleboy said:
levrett on 4th,levco(levrett's son) on bergin wy or D&D transmission on mill i have delt with all these guys,honest and do good work!! i had D&D build the tranny for my crawler 2yrs ago and no problems.its not a DD but i'd say it gets abused worse than your DD ever would!! all these guys cost more but as you found out you get what you pay for ;) !!

Definetly go with levrett they honored there waranty on my wifes car even after it was up very good people to deal with

kairo

Staff member
RenoHiltonGambler said:
And I did not eat some funny food....

The damn thing is slipping in and at randomly, mostly at lower speeds.
I need some ideas where to take it, since aamco's last rebuild only lasted 18 months -total 2,000.00 waste! :(

So here is the deal:
Post me some names & places that you have dealt with that can fix it right.
I want a place that gives better than a 12k - 12 month warranty. :eek:

Someplace that believes in bringing a cannon to a gunfight not some :gapteeth: or a ghetto:fro:fabulous company.

Would it be out of the question to find a "newer" junkyard tranny and swap it in?

Reno Computer Repair

renocomputerrepair.com
Staff member
UPdate

I put a bottle of Lucas transmission fix in it yesterday, and it helped alot -immediately. The bastard was slipping big time on the way to the auto parts store. After that was very smooth and just about normal.

Before I put it in the filler tube I noticed smoke/steam coming out of the filler hole with the dipstick out!!!!!! :eek:
Taking it today to get a flush, then will take it to a shop from there. Wondering of there is a pump and it is not circulating, thus just cooking it.

Reno Computer Repair

renocomputerrepair.com
Staff member
tranny

Went to Jiffy Lube and had the Trans flushed, they found the connection @ the radiator loose. Much better but still slips from time to time. Will take it into one of those shops you referred... Thanks